Detached Commercial Unit with Trade Counter, Car Parking / Yard
- Prominent corner location close to nationals including Travis Perkins, Jewson and Tesco
- GIA 11,651 sq.ft (1,082.4 sq.m). Capable of sub-division into two separate units from 3,938 sq.ft (365.9 sq.m)
- Modern warehouse with glazed trade counter / showroom and first floor offices
- Gated yard with parking for approximately 20 vehicles and circulation for loading
- Potential for alternative uses, subject to planning permission
- Three phase electricity, 2 x electric roller shutter doors, 6.65 m eaves height, well-appointed office accommodation
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
TRADE COUNTER / WAREHOUSE UNIT
86`7 x 60`2 (26.39 m x 18.34 m) Trade counter entrance and showroom with rear warehousing, toilets and 2 x offices. Adjoining warehouse of 60`5 x 59`8 (18.44 m x 18.2 m) with 2 x electric roller shutter doors, mezzanine staff room and toilets.
48`7 x 25`6 (14.81 m x 7.79 m) Dual aspect double glazed windows, air conditioning, electrical trunking, carpet, plus additional offices and server room.
34`1 x 19`10 (10.41 m x 6.07 m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27 (36 miles), has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is situated on a prominent corner plot on the main road through Seven Brethren Industrial Estate, opposite Barnstaple Leisure Centre, Jewson and is situated adjacent to Travis Perkins. Other occupiers close by include Tesco, Tarka Tennis Centre as well as Barnstaple Train Station.
The detached unit occupies a corner plot and is constructed of a steel portal frame under a pitched steel clad roof with brick elevations. There is an aluminium powder coated trade counter/showroom entrance and display window to the front. Additional access points include as well as a separate personnel side entrance door. Internally, the property has a power floated floor finish, staff room, 2 x electric roller shutter doors, 2 x toilet blocks, three phase electricity, an eaves height of 21`8 (6.65m) and a ridge height of 24`4 (7.45m). The gross internal area (GIA) of the ground floor is 8,821 sq.ft (819.5 sq.m) the majority of which consists of trade counter area and warehouse storage but also includes 2 x offices and toilets. The first floor provides 1,824 sq.ft (169.5 sq.m) of air conditioned office space with double glazed dual aspects windows plus an additional 1,006 sq.ft (93.43 sq.m) of mezzanine storage, staff room and toilets. Externally, there is a gated yard providing car parking for approximately 22 vehicles together with circulation for loading.
The premises are available by way of a new lease at a rental of £60,000 per annum exclusive. Proposals will be considered to sub-divide the unit, please enquire.
According to the Valuation Office Agency website, the premises are currently assessed as follows: - Rateable Value (2017 Listing) - £37,750; Rates Payable - £18,196 based on Uniform Business Rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
We understand VAT is applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the Agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate.