Former Bank Premises with Prominent Return Frontage onto High Street and Quayside
Prime location with high pedestrian and vehicular flow
Suitable for a wide variety of office / retail uses or catering use (subject to change of use)
Total floor area of 3,208 sq.ft (293 sq.m)
New lease available from 1st March 2019
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Banking Hall and offices 2,464 sq.ft (224 sq.m)
Strong Room 392 sq.ft (36 sq.m)
Store Room 130 sq.ft (12 sq.m)
Staff Room 222 sq.ft (21 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton.
The property is situated on the entrance to the Town’s High Street whilst also having a return frontage onto the Quayside, giving it a highly prominent location benefitting from high pedestrian and vehicular movements. National operators in the immediate vicinity include Specsavers, Boots, Barclays Bank, Superdrug with a wide variety of other retail, office and leisure users close-by. The Towns historic quayside area provides for much of the Town centre's car parking.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The Grade II Listed premises were previously occupied by Natwest bank, the with the property benefitting from an extensive return frontage. The ground floor is arranged as a former banking hall and offices with a separate store room and strong room. Staff toilets and further storage is located on the first floor.
The premises are available by way of a new lease from 1st March 2019, on contributory full repairing and insuring terms, duration to be agreed.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is listed and therefore there is no requirement for an Energy Performance Certificate.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £37,500 Rates Payable: £18,075 based on Uniformed Business Rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
Strictly by appointment through Joint Sole Agents :-
JD Commercial - 01237 424053
Underwood Wright - 01271 373377