Refurbished Riverside Restaurant and Bar
- Well known trading location along riverside
- Ground floor of recently redeveloped hotel premises
- Two trading areas, restaurant and bar, totalling 3,218 sq.ft (299 sq.m)
- Rare opportunity to acquire restaurant premises with no in-going premium
- Having originally traded as an Inn from 1722
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
L'shaped dining area providing a floor area of 1,216 sq.ft (113 sq.m)
Ladies toilet with 2 x low level w.c's, 2 x wash hand basins
Gents toilet with 1 x low level w.c., 2 x wash hand basins, urinal
KITCHEN AND ANCILLARY AREAS
926 sq.ft (86 sq.m)
Return bar servery, providing floor area of 1,076 sq.ft (100 sq.m)
There is a service corridor between the restaurant and bar as well as a shared disabled w.c.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The property is situated on part of the Town's Quayside known as New Road, overlooking the River Torridge. The Town Centre, car parking and High Street are all a short level walk from the premises.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being the ground floor of the former Tantons Hotel, the main building has been redeveloped to provide 8 residential flats as part of a development of over £1million, with planning permission granted for further flats in the adjacent building. The ground floor provides a Gross Internal Area of circa 3,218 sq.ft (299 sq.m), to be configured as restaurant, bar, kitchen and ancillary areas. Toilets will be installed for both the restaurant and bar. It is proposed that the premises will be completed to a 'shell finish' specification ready for the tenant to fit out to suit their own trading style. Plans available upon request.
The premises are available by way of a new lease, with a fit out specification and rental incentives by negotiation.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed, as such an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.
To be accessed. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.