Prime Retail / Office Premises, Formerly TUI Travel Agents
- Prime trading location adjacent to High Street and Co-Operative Food
- Ground floor retail premises with further storage on lower ground floor
- Double fronted, air conditioning, kitchen and toilet facilities, intruder and fire alarm
- Eligible for 100% small business rates relief
- Available by way of a new lease, alternatively Freehold proposals considered to include 3 x self contained centrally heated flats
Double fronted premises, carpet, air conditioning, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, recessed floor sockets, intruder a fire alarm. Max width 25`0 (7.62m) max depth 25`0 (7.60m) GIA 500 sq.ft (46 sq.m)
Stainless steel single drainer sink, worktop, base unit
Wash hand basin, low level w.c.
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Full head height, carpet, lighting
20`1 x 10`10 (6.10m x 3.30m)
21`9 x 9`8 (6.60m x 2.95m)
Hallway, 2 x bedrooms, kitchen, sitting room, bathroom – Income £6,300 per annum
Hallway, 2 x bedrooms, kitchen / living room, bathroom – Income £6,300 per annum (estimated currently vacant)
Hallway, 2 x bedrooms, kitchen / living room, bathroom – Income £6,000 per annum
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated within the pedestrianised area known as Mill Street, adjacent to the entrance to the town's High Street and is located next door to Co-Operative Food with other operators close by including WH Smith and Barclays Bank. Mill Street has undergone considerable investment of recent years including mixed residential and commercial development scheme.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises are of 4 storey construction under a pitched slate roof, plus lower ground floor storage. The commercial parts comprise of double fronted shop unit with a floor area of 500 sq.ft (46 sq.m) with useful lower ground floor storage. Specification of the shop premises includes air conditioning, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, intruder and fire alarm, kitchen and toilet facilities. There are 3 self contained flats on the upper floors, all centrally heated and all comprising of 2 bedrooms.
Our clients are inviting proposals for a new lease term of the commercial parts comprising of ground floor shop unit and lower ground floor. Alternatively Freehold proposals for the whole property will be considered, which includes the income from the 3 flats of £18,600 per annum (estimated when fully let as one is currently vacant).
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
We are advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £11,500 Rates Payable: £5,543 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.