Nightclub Premises Extending to over 8,700 SQ.FT (808 SQ.M) – Suitable for Alternative Uses, Subject to PP
- Nightclub premises with 2 ground floor dance floors and bar, first floor lounge bar
- Floor area of over 8,700 sq.ft (808 sq.m) having recently been redecorated throughout
- Prominent return frontage on Bideford Quayside
- Licence for alcohol, live music and recorded music
- Staff / managers one bedroomed flat
- Available to purchase or by way of a new lease
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Double entrance doors to admissions and cloakrooms
1,293 sq.ft (120 sq.m) Tiled floor, bar servery, tiled floor, dance floor, stage and DJ booth, disco lighting and speakers, disabled toilet
560 sq.ft (52 sq.m) Return bar servery, lighting
MAIN DANCE FLOOR
3,335 sq.ft (310 sq.m) Bar servery, dance floor, DJ booth, disco lighting and speakers, cellar to rear with assorted brewery lines and cooling equipment
Second entrance, additional cloakroom and circulation space leading to:-
2 low level w.c’s, stainless steel urinal, wash hand basins, tiled walls and floor
7 low level w.c’s, wash hand basins, tiled walls and floor
Access from side dancefloor, landing and ladies and gents toilet facilities
1,932 sq.ft (179 sq.m) Exposed beamed ceiling, return bar servery, dual aspect windows, wood flooring, speakers and lighting
Separate staircase to:-
OFFICE AND SEPARATE STORE ROOM
354 sq.ft (33 sq.m) Safe
Entrance off King Street proving access to entrance lobby and staircase to:-
MANAGERS / STAFF FLAT
716 sq.ft (67 sq.m) in total comprising of kitchen, bathroom, lounge / diner and bedroom
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated on the corner of King Street and Cooper Street overlooking Jubilee Square and The Quay with the pedestrianised retail street of Mill Street connecting to Cooper Street. There are assorted retailers, leisure and office users within the immediate vicinity with nationals including McColls Convenience Store and HSBC Bank.
Having been operated as a nightclub for over 25 years the premises was formerly a garage but was converted to a nightclub from a shopping arcade. Extending to over 8,700 sq.ft (808 sq.m) the majority of the trading areas are at ground floor including 2 dancefloors and bar, central bar servery and toilet facilities. The first floor offers an additional lounge bar, office and storage as well as a self-contained one bedroomed flat accessed off King Street. The property has recently been redecorated external and internally with replacement tiled roofs and sound proofing having been undertaken during the current owner’s tenure. Nightclub related fixtures and fittings are currently in situ including sound system, lighting and CCTV.
The premises are available by way of a new full repairing and insuring lease, alternatively Freehold proposals will be considered.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence which include live music and recorded music.
Nightclub fixtures and fittings remain in situ, an agreement on which can be reached if they are sought by new occupiers.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £38,750 Rates Payable: £18,678 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers should make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs.