Highly Prominent Town Centre Office Premises with Car Parking
- Purpose built office premises
- Situated on the corner of Queen Street and Queen Street car park
- First floor office space with stairs and lift access
- 3,836 sq.ft (355 sq.m) predominantly open plan space but also including meeting room, board room, manager’s office and interview office
- Modern office environment with natural light
- On site car parking for 6 vehicles with Queen Street car park adjoining
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Entrances to both front and rear with ground floor entrance reception, toilet facilities, stairs and lift to:-
Landing with carpet
MAIN OPEN PLAN OFFICE
62`2 max x 55`11 max (18.95m x 17.05m) NIA 3,826 sq.ft (355 sq.m) Predominantly open plan floor space, manager’s office, board room, meeting room, interview room, server room, staff room / kitchen. Double glazed windows providing plenty of natural light, carpet tiles, false ceiling with recessed lighting
There is a private car parking area for occupiers within the building of which 6 spaces are demised to the first floor occupier.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The premises are situated at the entrance to Queen Street car park on a prominent corner location. Queen Street is a major pedestrian and vehicular thoroughfare with the premises being highly visible for both. There are a wide variety of office, retail and leisure users in the immediate vicinity, as well as Barnstaple Bus Station.
Being the first floor of a purpose built office premises. Access to the first floor is via a ground floor reception entrance with stairs or lift to the office accommodation. The premises has a floor area of approximately 3,836 sq.ft (355 sq.m) and is predominately open plan but also benefiting from a board room, meeting room, manager’s office, interview office and staff room. Originally the premises were built for occupation by the Valuation Office and the modern space provides plenty of natural light. There is car parking to the rear of building for 6 vehicles.
The premises are made available by way of an assignment of the existing lease, although the Landlords may consider the granting of a new lease should interested parties prefer. There is a service charge payable which for 2020 was £12,430 and included electric, water, cleaning, recycling, security alarm testing.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £34,750 Rates Payable: £16,750 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Should the premises be split the Rateable Value would be reassessed. Occupiers are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council. The car parking is rated separately.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction, with the incoming Tenant responsible for the Landlords reasonable legal fees in relation to the assignment of the lease.