Prominent Commercial Premises Consisting of Yard and Industrial Unit
- Prominent location on busy junction of Riverside Road and Pilland Way
- Road fronted yard and display area of 0.2 acres
- Workshop unit of 2,801 sq.ft (260 sq.m)
- Reception, office, staff room / kitchenette and toilet facilities
- Former vehicles rental yard and premises
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Fenced and gated yard area of 0.2 acres, 8,610 sq.ft (800 sq.m)
59`8 x 48'9 max (18.20m x 14.85m) GIA 2,801 sq.ft (260 sq.m) Electric roller shutter door, gas space heater, LED lighting. Incorporating reception with personnel door access, Office with carpet, LED lighting, intruder alarm. Staff room with trunking, non slip flooring, kitchenette with base units, worktop and stainless steel single drainer sink.
Gents and disabled / ladies toilet
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property occupies a prominent location on the junction of Riverside Road and Upcott Avenue. There are assorted users in the immediate vicinity including Bookers Cash & Carry, Nissan Car Showroom, Jewsons, Screwfix and Howdens Joinery.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises fronts Riverside Road with a fenced yard / display area of 0.2 acres, 8,610 sq.ft (800 sq.m) which has most recently been utilised by a vehicle rental business. Within the gated yard is access to the industrial unit, either by way of a personnel access door to a roller shutter door. The unit has a GIA of 2,801 sq.ft (260 sq.m) incorporating reception, office, staff room / kitchenette and toilet facilities. The unit itself has LED lighting, electric roller shutter and gas space heater.
An assignment of the existing 10 year lease from August 2015. Alternatively the Landlords may consider the grant of a new lease term. The current rent is £20,650 per annum. The adjoining unit may also be available by separate negotiation if desired, this consists of an additional 1,899 sq.ft (176 sq.m).
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £17,500 Rates Payable: £8,435 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
We understand the property is elected for VAT, at the prevailing rate.
Each party to bear their own legal costs.