A Substantial Victorian House In An Elevated Location, Set Within 2 Acres of Woodland Grounds
- Elevated location overlooking Town and Countryside
- Adjacent to National Trust owned Torrs coastal footpath
- Former Hotel consisting of 9 letting bedrooms and 1 bedroomed owners suite
- Dining room, breakfast room, lounge bar, kitchen and 2 guest lounges
- Suitable for a wide variety of uses, currently utilised for holiday rental
- Two driveway entrances and car parking
- Set within 2 acres of grounds, consisting of woodland, patio and lawned areas
The Accommodation (comprises)
Entrance leading to :-
Eye and base units, 2 x inset gas four burner hobs, radiator heating, extractor, 1 x single oven, 1 x double oven, 2 x microwaves, tiled floor, stainless steel single drainer sink
Tiled floor, washing machine, tumble dryer
18`8 x 16`5 (5.70 m x 5.00 m) Double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, down lighters, door to front terrace
Former Breakfast Room
15`10 x 14`4 (4.80 m x 4.35 m) Carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, boiler cupboard, door to front terrace
Former Lounge Bar
19`8 x 17`11 (6.00 m x 5.45 m) Corner bar servery, bay window, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, store cupboard
15`6 x 13`0 (4.70 m x 3.95 m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Former hotel guest entrance and reception
13`7 x 12`7 (4.15 m x 3.85 m) Twin, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
Hallway with wood panelling, dado rail, storage cupboard
Rear entrance with porch and quarry tiled floor, stained glass window and toilet off
21`6 x 17`1 (6.55 m x 5.20 m) Bay window, countryside and Town views, carpet, radiator heating, gas fire with surround and slate hearth, folding doors to adjoining:-
20`7 x 13`10 (6.25 m x 4.20 m) Bay window, carpet, radiator heating, fireplace with wood surround and tiled hearth
15`11 x 15`6 (4.85 m x 4.70 m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece shower room
Landing with stained glass window
12`3 x 12`1 (3.75 m x 3.70 m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
12`3 x 10`10 (3.75 m x 3.30m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
3 Piece Bathroom
9`10 x 9`4 (3.00 m x 2.85 m) Single, carpet, radiator heating, 2 piece en-suite
16`11 x 16`2 (5.15 m x 4.90 m) Twin, countryside views, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over
18`1 x 16`8 (5.50 m x 5.10 m) Double, bay window, countryside and Town views, picture rail, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
15`6 x 14`5 (4.70 m x 4.40 m) Double, countryside and Town views, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Door and stairs to:-
Mid level 3 piece shower room with corner shower
17`10 x 17`10 (5.45 m x 5.45 m) Double and single, Velux window
The property enjoys an elevated location with two driveways, with car parking, leading down to Torrs Park Road. Set within approximately 2 acres of predominantly woodland there are many established trees, shrubs and plants with woodland pathways leading to the Torrs coastal footpath. There are also terraced seating areas within the grounds including decked and patio areas as well as a grassed area which is bordered by a feature cliff face. A further 3 acre paddock adjoins the property which can be purchased by separate negotiation if desired.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescription Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Ilfracombe is a popular resort situated on the North Devon Coast, with an estimated population in the region of 10,500. The sub regional centre of Barnstaple lies approximately 13 miles to the south.
Beechwood enjoys an elevated location within the favoured Torrs area of Ilfracombe. The situation gives the modern tourist the opportunity to enjoy the Torrs area with its coastal path and far reaching coastal views, as well as being close but set back from the main retail core of the town and harbour.
The Property And Construction
The property would have been constructed in the late Victorian era when the 'well to-do' were having their fine villas constructed by the sea. The house enjoys a number of period features, including high lofty ceilings, bay windows, ornate mosaic flooring, stained glass windows, original marble fireplaces and an ornate spindle staircase providing an important central feature. The main building is of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, there is a latter single storey extension to one side which formerly provided garage / workshop space but now offers additional dining area. The roof of this extension provides a decked seating and barbecue area. Given the property is split level there are three entrance points to the building, one at ground floor and two at first floor level. Given the adaptable nature of the property new owners can configure the property to meet their own needs but at present the ground floor provides dining room, breakfast room, kitchen and lounge bar with 2 further lounges on the first floor. There are 2 en-suite letting bedrooms at first floor level, 6 on the second floor as well as former owners accommodation on the third floor. The property is accessed from 2 driveways off Torrs Park, each leading to car parking, with the remainder of the grounds consisting of woodland, patio and lawned areas. Within the woodland are paths leading to the National Trust owned Torrs coastal footpath. In total the landholding is circa 2 acres with an additional 3 acres of paddock available by separate negotiation if desired.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The property has been utilised for holiday rental by the current owners for the past 10 years, prior to this it was operated as a B&B / small hotel.
The property is sold with an extensive trade inventory of fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property has previously been Licensed.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.