Prominent and Extensive Retails Premises Over 7,500 SQ.FT (697 SQ.M) Ground Floor - Formerly M&CO
- Prime trading location with extensive double frontage
- Close to Nationals including Original Factory Outlet, Pound Stretcher, Well Pharmacy
- Ground floor of 7,700 sq.ft (715 sq.m) plus first and second floor office / storage
- Rear entrance from Bridge Street car park for customers or deliveries
- Extensive retail premises but suitable for alternative uses such as restaurant, leisure subject to PP
- Subdivision proposals considered
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Double fronted shop premises
Shop Depth 131`5 (40.05 m)
Internal Width Front (max) 54`6 (16.60 m)
Internal Width Back (max) 89`2 (27.15 m)
Retail Zone A – 957 sq.ft (89 sq.m)
Retail Zone B – 1,105 sq.ft (103 sq.m)
Retail Zone C – 1,126 sq.ft (105 sq.m)
Retail Zone D – 1,161 sq.ft (108 sq.m)
Remaining retail zone – 3,341 sq.ft (310 sq.m)
Offices / Storage / Staff rooms / Toilet facilities – 2,555 sq.ft (237 sq.m)
Offices / Storage – 1,189 sq.ft (110 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated on the High Street benefiting from a highly prominent double frontage. Occupiers in the immediate vicinity include Well Pharmacy, Original Factory Outlet, Vision Express and Pound Stretcher. Bridge Street car park is located to the rear of the premises.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The original building is of three storey construction with latter single storey extensions to the rear to provide a current ground floor area of 7,700 sq.ft (715 sq.m). Having been occupied by M&Co previously the premises has a retail fit out with extensive double frontage window display, tiled flooring, air conditioning, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting and double entrance doors. There is a second entrance from Bridge Street car park which has often been used as a thoroughfare between the car park and the High Street as well as an opportunity to gain walk in trade. The first and second floors provide storage and ancillary space of a further 3,744 sq.ft (348 sq.m). The premises are Grade II Listed.
The premises are available by way of a new lease to be held on an internal repairing and insuring basis. Proposal subject to change of use will be considered as well as proposals to sub divide the premises.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £53,500 Rates Payable: £25,787 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.