Substantial Former B&B and Supported Living Residence Plus Self Contained Apartment
- Substantial Victorian premises with car parking to front and rear
- Comprising of 10 bedrooms, including 3 bedroom lower ground floor apartment
- Former B&B and Supported Living premises (with current HMO licence)
- Public areas including lounge with patio doors to terrace, kitchen
- Self contained apartment recently extended to provide modern open plan living space overlooking rear garden
- Detached home office suitable for workshop, craft room, treatment room
- Well maintained by current owner during 16 years of ownership
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Entrance porch leading to hallway with radiator heating, laminate flooring
17`7 x 12`1 (5.35m x 3.70m) Laminate flooring, radiator heating, ceiling rose and cornice, picture rail, patio doors to decked terrace
Eye and base units, worktops, stainless steel single drainer sink, extractor, double glazing, ceiling cornice
Radiator heating, double glazing, laminate floor, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Wash hand basin, CCTV system
Landing with carpet and feature length window
12`7 x 6`4 (3.85m x 1.95m) Laminate flooring, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13`6 x 12`8 (4.10m x 3.85m) Dual aspect, laminate flooring, radiator heating, wash hand basin, 2 piece en-suite shower room
16`4 x 15`5 (4.95m x 4.70m) Laminate flooring, double glazing, radiator heating, 3 piece shower room
13`9 x 10`9 (4.20m x 3.25m) Laminate flooring, double glazing, radiator heating, 3 piece shower room
Landing with carpet
10`0 x 7`10 (3.05m x 2.40m) Double glazing, radiator heating
TOILET AND SHOWER ROOM
13`8 x 9`0 (4.15m x 2.75m) Laminate flooring, Velux window, 2 piece shower room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Currently utilised as owners accommodation
19`2 x 14`1 (5.85m x 4.30m) Radiator heating, double glazing, boiler
12`6 x 9`4 (3.80m x 2.85m) Laminate flooring, double glazing, radiator heating
Side entrance with porch and double glazed entrance door
3 piece with tiled floor and walls
BEDROOM / OFFICE
Double glazing, radiator heating
11`11 x 9`3 (3.65m x 2.80m) Radiator heating, double glazing
Hallway with tiled floor, radiator heating, under stair cupboard
Base units and worktop, breakfast bar, sink unit, water tank, double oven, inset 4 hob, extractor, dishwasher, double glazed doors to garden
20`4 x 13`1 (6.20m x 4.00m) Recently constructed with a view to relocating the kitchen and having a kitchen / lounge overlooking the garden. Velux windows, fireplace, laminate flooring, double glazing
To the front of the property is car parking for 3-4 vehicles with a pathway to the side as well as rear access to the back garden with an additional parking space. Within the rear garden is a detached office building of 28`10 x 9`5 (8.80m x 2.85m) which comprises of 2 offices, kitchenette, toilet, double glazing, electric panel heaters.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The subject property is within Victoria Road, just off the roundabout close to the Town's Ford car dealership, although the property is in a primarily residential. A key attribute of the property is that it is a short level walk to the Town Centre, Rock Park and River Taw.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Probably dating to the Victorian era the substantial edge of Town property has been well maintained by our client during her 15 year ownership. Many period features remain with the property including ceiling roses, cornicing and picture rails whilst also benefiting from double glazing and central heating. Currently configured as 7 bedrooms on ground, first and second floors with kitchen and lounge with a decked balcony there is also a self contained apartment at lower ground floor consisting of 3 bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and a recently constructed modern light living room overlooking the garden. There is off road private parking to the front as well as an additional space to the rear, within the garden which also houses a detached office building. Internal inspection of the property is recommended.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having formerly been operated as a Bed and Breakfast the property has more recently been utilised as a Supported Living premises (with a current HMO licence) although it is thought the property suits a wide variety of alternative uses such as a large single dwelling, holiday let, Air B&B etc.
The property is sold with an inventory of fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.