Potential Development Site - Currently Car Showrooms, Workshops, Offices and Forecourt
- Road fronted 1.4 acre site, level walk to Barnstaple Town Centre
- Close to Rock Park and River Taw
- Large range of showroom, workshop and office space totalling 20,494 sq.ft (1,904 sq.m)
- Extensive road frontage with forecourt parking for 131 vehicles plus additional compound
- Proposals to split site considered as well conditional and unconditional offers
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
The site encompasses various buildings that have been used to house a number of dealerships, and more recently as a substantial used car operation. The buildings are of varying age and would suit a multitude of uses for either single or multiple occupation with the benefit of an extensive road frontage affording prominent visibility / display as well as ample parking. To the back of the site a bridged link over the brook accesses a secure compound
Car displays: 131 spaces
Former Kia Premises: Ground Floor 827 sq.ft (77 sq.m)
First Floor 1,294 sq.ft (120 sq.m)
Parts Warehouse Ground Floor 3,003 sq.ft (279 sq.m)
Mezzanine 702 sq.ft (65 sq.m)
Workshop 2,969 sq.ft (276 sq.m)
Former Vauxhall Showroom Ground Floor 2,702 sq.ft (251 sq.m)
First Floor 2,702 sq.ft (251 sq.m)
TOTAL AREA: 20,494 sq.ft (1,905 sq.m)
Rear Compound (25 spaces) 3,985 sq.ft (370 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
The property occupies a prominent position with extensive frontage to Newport Road, close to Barnstaple Town Centre. Newport Road was once the main route into Barnstaple from the east before the construction of the North Devon Link Road and now carries much lower volumes of traffic. The character of the immediate area is quality residential with attractive Georgian terraced properties lying adjacent the property. The River Taw, the Tarka Trail and the popular Rock Park are within a short walk of the property. Barnstaple is the capital town of North Devon, lying on the scenic River Taw, and is a popular retail and visitor destination, with a resident population of just over 32,000, and serving an extensive catchment.
Occupying a level irregular shaped site of approx. 1.40 acres, the property is currently operated as a car dealership with an extensive range of showroom and workshop buildings, in all forming a gross floor area of approx. 20,494 sq.ft, with associated car display areas. To the back of part of the site is a secure compound. A previous fuel forecourt was removed and decommissioned some years ago. The current occupier / tenant of the property, County Garage Group, are relocating to their main dealership site when the lease expires at the end of September 2021.
The property is available for For Sale or To Let with possession available from the end of September 2021. Our clients are also happy to consider development proposals on both an unconditional and subject to planning basis as well as proposals to split the site.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £74,500, assessed as Car Showroom and Premises.
The property has been used as a car dealership for many years and has no recent planning history. Adjoining uses are predominantly residential. The property borders the Newport Conservation Area, the boundaries of which are outlined in the plan below. The site lies within Flood Zone 3a.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The buildings have been assessed with an Energy Performance Rating of D.
Each party is to bear their own legal costs.