Beachside Cafe and Owners Accommodation Overlooking Hele Bay
- Beachside themed cafe with covers for circa 30/40
- Patio seating to the front for further 30/40 covers
- Considerable scope to expand, only operating 6 months per year
- Trading daytime only but suitable for evening trade
- 3 bedroomed owners accommodation above
- Master bedroom and living room each with bay windows overlooking Bristol Channel
- Rooftop garden area with views of the bay
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
36`8 x 25`2 (11.15 m x 7.65 m) Parquet flooring, beachside themed timber clad walls, raised seating area, covers for circa 30/40, double glazed front and rear entrance doors, double glazed return frontage, beachside and coastal views, counter servery, iZettle till system, non slip flooring, ice cream freezer, till, hot cupboard, double coffee machine, water urn, radiator heating.
Microwave, commercial fridge, double deep fat fryer, Bain Marie, electric 2 hob, extractor system, stainless steel single drainer sink, plastic clad walls, Parry griddle, double pizza oven, portable induction hob
PREPARATION / WASH AREA
Blue Seal oven, dishwasher, chest freezer, fire alarm, stainless steel single drainer sink, boiler and cleaning cupboard, tiled floor, radiator heating
3 x rooms, utilised as stockroom, workshop and storage
Ground floor double glazed entrance door with tiled floor and carpeted stairs leading to FIRST FLOOR landing with hard wood flooring, with door to roof top area
11`11 x 9`11 (3.65 m x 3.00 m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
13`4 x 10`1 (4.05 m x 3.05 m) Carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with vinyl floor, bath with electric shower over, low level w.c., wash hand basin, cupboard with plumbing for washing machine
14`3 x 14`0 (4.35 m x 4.25m) Carpet, radiator heating, bay window with views over Hele Bay
3 PIECE BATHROOM
Vinyl floor, bath with electric shower over, low level w.c., wash hand basin, double glazing
22`3 x 10`8 (6.80 m x 3.25 m) Kitchen area with eye and base units, 4 ring gas hob, electric oven, stainless steel single drainer sink, extractor hood, laminate floor, radiator heating, bay window overlooking Hele Bay
To the front of the premises is a patio area providing table and chair seating for circa 30/40 covers, part of which is undercover. This area provides further curb appeal to attract passing trade. To the rear of the covered patio area are the toilet facilities which provide both ladies and gents and comprise; tiled walls and floors, wash hand basin, low level w.c. There is an owners roof top garden which overlooks Hele Bay beach.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Ilfracombe has long been established as a thriving seaside resort, thanks to its sandy beach, wide range of accommodation and amenities. In recent years it has attracted a more diverse crowd too, including those who come to visit its Michelin-starred restaurant and see artist Damien Hirst’s installation ‘Verity’ that dominates the otherwise traditional harbour. Ilfracombe’s resident population of over 11,000 makes it one of North Devon’s larger towns, and there are solid plans for ongoing development including an additional 1,500k houses and possible marina. Good road and bus services connect Ilfracombe to Barnstaple (12 miles), Woolacombe (6 miles), Combe Martin (5 miles), Croyde (9 miles), Braunton (7 miles), Bideford (22 miles) and South Molton (24 miles).
The premises are situated just off the main road through the village of Hele, the A399, and are located on the beachside overlooking Hele Bay. The premises are ideally situated to attract additional seasonal trade as well as being close to a number of towns and villages from which to attract trade out of the main season. Beachside Lodge Park, which has recently been redeveloped, is closeby and consists of 21 units.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is of two storey construction under a mono pitched roof, which was replaced approximately 12 years ago. The ground floor cafe provides contemporary beachside surroundings with inside covers for approximately 30/40 covers with further outside seating, overlooking Hele Bay, for a further 30/40 covers, part of which is undercover. Further commercial areas at ground floor include commercial kitchen, wash up room with additional back up storage facilities. There is a self contained ground floor entrance to the first floor owner’s accommodation which comprises of 3 double bedrooms (1 en-suite), family bathroom and kitchen / living room with bay window overlooking Hele Bay. There is also a roof top garden overlooking Hele Bay.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business has been in the same ownership for the past 8 years and operates a straight forward menu of hot and cold drinks, ice creams, sandwiches, pasties, snacks, cakes etc but it is thought there is considerable scope to extend the trading period as well as offering evening trade such as Bistro style etc. In a normal trading year the premises would be operated 7 days per week in school holidays and 5 days a week out of school holidays, 6 months of the year, 9am-5pm. Generally the business is operated by the owners with a pool of 4 part time members of staff, although in 2020 no staff were employed as the owners undertook take-away trade with little / no effect on their net profit from the previous trading year, with turnover normally trading to VAT threshold. Further trade is derived from the sale of beach toys and accessories.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.