Beachside Cafe with Uninterrupted Views and Direct Access to Popular Cornish Beach and Bay
- Overlooking Widemouth Bay Blue Flag beach and adjacent to main beach car park
- Contemporary beachside cafe having been rebuilt in 2013
- Covers for 43 inside and outside covers for 108
- Same ownership for past 20 years
- Significant turnover and profitable business
- Operated by one owner with team of staff
- Currently undertaking manageable daytime menu only with scope to undertake evening meals
- Ideal husband and wife / partnership venture
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
51`0 x 25`4 (15.55 m x 7.70 m) Contemporary fit out with table and chair seating providing 43 covers, triple aspect glazed window overlooking Widemouth Bay and beach, wood flooring reclaimed roof timbers of former premises, LED down lighters, electric fire, back ground music system, bar stool seating, air conditioning, incorporating:-
Triple coffee machine, coffee grinder, hot chocolate machine, water heater, EPOS till system, 2 x milk fridges, double glazed window and electric shutter, false ceiling with recessed LED lighting. Second adjoining servery area for take-away trade, double glazed window / servery hatch, double coffee machine, hot chocolate machine, water boiler, ice cream freezer, ice lolly freezer,
2 compartment freezer, 4 compartment fridge, 2 microwaves, chip scuttle, 2 x deep fat fryers, induction hob, extraction system, contact gill, drinks chiller, non slip flooring, sink unit, toaster, stainless steel wash hand basin
WASH UP AREA
Dishwasher and sink unit, glass washer, washing machine, air conditioning, chest freezer, 2 upright freezers, fridge, 2 smoothie makers
Non slip flooring, freezer, chest freezer, fridge, fire and intruder system
To the front of the premises is an attractive patio area with feature pebble walling and seating providing covers for a further 100 as well as a side composite decked area with an additional 8 covers, with both areas having direct views of the beach and bay. There is also a car parking area with is currently utilised by the owner and staff.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
For many years Bude has been known as one of Cornwall’s most popular family seaside resorts, thanks to its large sandy beach, visitor accommodation and facilities. As a result the town has a brisk tourist trade, but the area known as Bude-Stratton also has a vibrant living and working community of over 18,000 that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Ongoing growth in the area includes the Binhamy Road housing development, which by 2023 will have added a further 420 houses. Bude-Stratton lies next to the ‘Atlantic Highway’ A39, which runs to Bideford (25 miles) and Barnstaple (34 miles) to the north, and down to Tintagel (19 miles) and Padstow (35 miles) to the south, and carries a regular bus service linking these coastal towns.
Situated overlooking Widemouth Bay beach and adjacent to Widemouth Bay car park the property offers a unique trading location with uninterrupted views of the Bay and its golden sands which have a Blue Flag Beach Award for 2019. Bude is location 3 miles to the North.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The beachside premises was nearly completely rebuilt 6 years ago as the previous building was dated and did not offer an easily manageable layout. Since it was rebuilt the building provides a modern contemporary fit out with block work and rendered elevations to 3 sides and a feature glazed elevation facing the bay to make the most of the views. Internally the premises is constructed of a steel portal frame under a pitched insulated steel clad roof. In total the premises extends to 1,292 sq.ft (120 sq.m) which is subdivided into cafe seating for circa 43 with an adjoining open plan servery, kitchen, wash up area and stock room. The contemporary fit out includes exposed wood flooring (being for the roof timbers from the former building), LED down lighters, feature fireplace, lighting plus air conditioning for heating and cooling. To the front of the property is a patio area with feature 'pebble' seating and walling which provides covers for approximately 108 including an additional composite decked area. To the side of the property is a parking area for approximately 4/5 vehicles which our client utilises for her private and staff car parking. The configuration of the property is such that whether you are a customer inside or out or the chef in the kitchen you can enjoy views of Widemouth Bay and the beach.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business has been in the same ownership for the past 20 years and operates a highly profitable beach cafe with a manageable menu including breakfasts, sandwiches, light lunches, snacks, ice creams, hot and cold drinks etc. At present the business is operated 9.30am - 5pm 7 days per week with no evening trade undertaken. The last three years have produced significant turnovers and net profits with further accountancy information available for serious parties. The business is operated by a sole trader with a pool of staff, which varies in numbers dependent on the time of year. Staffing with summer months generally runs at 4 full time and 7 part time, with winter staffing comprising of 4 full time plus part time weekend staff. The premises is well set up for ease of management with a counter servery for seating customers and a separate servery for take-away trade, as well as the take-away servery having its own double coffee machine to speed up service.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property does not currently have a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.