Factory / Warehouse Premises of 52,014 SQ.FT (4,832 SQ.M) with a Site Area of 2.745 Acres - Available to Purchase or Lease
- Prominent location on busy junction of Riverside Road and Pilland Way
- Extensive road frontage
- 52,014 sq.ft (4,832 sq.m) premises including 9,560 sq.ft (888 sq.m) of office content
- Car parking to front and side of premises with tarmacadam yard to the rear
- Site size of 2.745 acres, low site coverage
- Low capital value of £21.15 / sq.ft
- Of interest to owner occupiers, investors and developers alike
The Accomodation (comprises)
Manufacturing / Factory Space - 39,843 sq.ft (3,701 sq.m)
Offices, showroom, boardroom, welfare - 9,560 sq.ft (888 sq.m)
Canteen - 1,482 sq.ft (138 sq.m)
Garages - 1,129 sq.ft (105 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Geographically, Barnstaple sits on the banks of the River Taw near the North Devon coastline. The area enjoys a unique topography with an extensive sandy beach coastline and close proximity to Exmoor National Park. Barnstaple has expanded from its market town origins, to become the area's Regional Centre. Several national house builders are completing residential developments within the town and its suburbs. Commercially the town contains many of the major national retailers and several edge of town developments have been completed. The sustained wealth and growth of the area has been enhanced following the building of the A361 linking North Devon to the M5 at Tiverton. The road network has been further enhanced by the construction of the downstream bridge at an estimated cost of £40m.
The property occupies a prominent location on the junction of Riverside Road and Pilland Way. There are assorted users in the immediate vicinity including Bookers Cash & Carry, Nissan Car Showroom, Jewsons, Screwfix and Howdens Joinery.
The Property and Construction
The building comprises an extensive three bay factory building of 52,014 sq.ft (4,832 sq.m) incorporating production space, office accommodation, board room, showroom, canteen and storage. There is vehicular circulation around the whole building with extensive parking and distribution yard. In total the site size is 2.745 acres. The building was initially constructed in approximately 1970 with the rear extension completed in circa 1977. The main factory is of concrete frame construction with a mixture of blockwork and brick elevations, beneath a pitched roof incorporating perspex roof lights. Internal eaves height is approximately 14`3 (4.35m) with a ridge height of 19`0 (5.80m). The building has four roller shutter doors, two with tailgate loading, with the site having chain link fencing.
Our client is inviting offers for the Freehold interest, alternatively rental propositions will be considered.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £69,000 Rates Payable: £33,258 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
We understand the property is elected for VAT, at the prevailing rate.
Each party to bear their own legal costs.
To the front and side of the premises is measured car parking with a tarmacadam distribution yard to the rear of the property.