Substantial Town Centre Premises of Over 3,000 sq.ft (279 sq.m) - Currently Configured as Offices and Income Producing Flat
- Town Centre within favoured office location
- 2 x ground floor retail / office units
- Ground, first and second floor offices / training rooms with air conditioning
- Providing floor area of over 3,000 sq.ft (279 sq.m) plus income producing one bedroomed flat
- Front and rear access given scope to subdivide
- Substantial Town Centre premises
Central entrance door and lobby with access to both ground floor premises:-
13a Bridgeland Street
545 sq.ft (51 sq.m) Bay window frontage, carpet, strip lighting, air conditioning, kitchenette
13 Bridgeland Street
224 sq.ft (21 sq.m) Bay window frontage, laminate flooring, timber wainscoting, fire and intruder alarm, air conditioning, door leading to hallway
INTERVIEW OFFICE 1
11`7 x 7`11 (3.55m x 2.40m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 2
7`7 x 7`2 (2.30m x 2.20m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 3
7`7 x 7`5 (2.30m x 2.25m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 4
9`0 x 8`8 (2.75m x 2.65m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 5
7`7 x 7`3 (2.30m x 2.20m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 6
8`4 x 7`0 (2.55m x 2.15m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
INTERVIEW OFFICE 7
7`4 x 7`1 (2.25m x 2.15m) Carpet, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
Hallway and rear access via double glazed door
20`3 x 16`3 (6.15m x 4.95m) Carpets, skylights, air conditioning
26`0 x 14`8 (7.90m x 4.45m) Carpets, skylights, air conditioning, double glazing
Additional rear entrance via double glazed door to stairwell
Comprising of two offices 253 sq.ft (24 sq.m) and 161sq.ft (15 sq.m) Carpet, strip lighting
Landing with carpet
Comprising of two offices 20`11 x 15`8 (6.35m x 4.70m) and 14`11 x 16`7 (4.55m x 5.05m) Facing Bridgeland Street, radiator heating, carpet, strip lighting – Let for £2,700 per annum
Landing with carpet
18`1 x 15`5 (5.50m x 4.70m) Carpet, strip lighting
Consisting of one bedroom, lounge, kitchen, shower room and hallway – Let for £5,040 per annum.
To the rear of the property is a small parking area for approximately 2 vehicles although our clients do rent additional spaces in the adjoining car park.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Affinity Devon retail area (formerly Atlantic Village) (formerly Atlantic Village) and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The premises are situated within Bridgeland Street which is considered to be a preferred location for professional office occupiers as well as retailers, it is also the location for the JD Wetherspoons public house. Bridgeland Street adjoins the main pedestrian thoroughfare known as Mill Street as well as The Quay.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, with two ground floor display bay windows. There is a central doorway and porch providing access to both ground floor offices, which can intercommunicate via a doorway if desired. The remainder of the ground floor comprises of office space, being a mix of 7 interview rooms and 2 open plan offices / training rooms. There is further office space at first and second floor levels with the building providing a total floor space of over 3,000 sq.ft (279 sq.m). Also at second floor level is a one bedroomed flat, currently let and income producing. Specification of the premises includes air conditioning, carpeting, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, CAT 5 cabling, toilets and kitchen facilities. There is access to both the front and rear of the building with an additional side corridor giving additional future options to split or let the property in individual parts. To the rear is a small car parking for approximately 2 vehicles, although our clients do rent additional spaces in the adjoining car park.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest of the Grade II Listed property, with the benefit of the existing tenancies, one residential Tenant (£5,040 per annum) and one commercial first floor Tenant (£2,700 per annum), or by way of vacant possession if preferred.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Currently two assessments, Rateable Value: £6,900 and Rateable Value £7,600. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.