Tea Room / Cafe Close to High Street with 5 Star Trip Advisor Rating
- Town Centre Tea Room / Cafe close to High Street and Pannier Market
- Established and profitable trade
- Ideal husband and wife / partnership operation, with little / no staffing
- Currently operating 5 days per week, 10.45am - 4.45pm
- Low cost base with rent of £9,500 per annum and business rates exemption
- Sold with trade inventory
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
24`6 x 20`8 (7.45m x 6.30m) Providing covers for 19 with table and chair seating, wood flooring, counter servery, double coffee machine, 2 x microwaves, double Buffalo grill, dishwasher, 3 compartment chiller gantry, stainless steel single drainer sink, adjoining KITCHEN with 2 x electric ovens, 4 pan electric hob, fridge, freezer, stainless steel sink unit, hot water heater
TOILET AND ADJOINING CLOAKROOM
Low level w.c, wash hand basin, sky light, storage for window shutters
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is located just off Butchers Row, close to the Town's Pannier Market and Barnstaple High Street.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being ground floor lock up premises with a single frontage, fitted as a 'traditional' Tea Room / Cafe with covers for 19, service unit, kitchen and customer toilet facilities. To the front of the premises is an area suitable for 2 outside tables and 4 covers.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest, with the property available by way of an assignment of the existing 10 year lease, at a current rent of £9,500 per annum.
Having been established and operated by our clients since 2010, the business is operated by a husband and wife team alongside part-time staff. If it were not for the family commitments of the current owners, the café could easily be run with only one extra staff member on Saturdays and during busy holiday times, thus saving on the staffing costs the business currently pays. 2017 and 2018 yearends showed turnover and net profits of £72,000 and £19,000, £73,000 and £17,000 respectively. Much of the menu is homemade on site with mainlines including hot and cold drinks, snacks, light lunches, cakes, cream teas, soups etc. Current operating hours are 10.30am - 4.45pm, 5 days per week (Tuesday - Saturday), with the business having achieved a 5 star Trip Advisor rating.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.