Café / Tea Room Fronting the Tarka Trail Suitable for a Wide Variety of Catering Styles
- Fronting the A386 and popular Tarka Trail
- Currently operated as cafe / tea room with scope to offer restaurant / evening trade
- Cafe / tea room with covers for circa 80
- Tea garden with further covers for 60
- 3 first floor letting bedrooms, suitable as self contained owners accommodation
- Originally constructed as railway station last serving trains in 1983 and since converted
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Foyer entrance with tiled floor, stone walling, post box, original Station Masters door
30`7 x 14`4 (9.30m x 4.35m) Return servery, double coffee machine, coffee grinder, hot water urn, milk pergola, wine fridge, double chiller, EPOS till system, 2 draught beer pumps floor, triple fountain, stone fireplace with multi-fuel fire, drinks chiller, sofa seating
Glass washer, stainless steel single drainer sink
Toaster, milk shake machine, ice cream freezer
Wine fridge, coffee percolator, stairs to first floor office
MAIN CAFE / TEA ROOM
54`11 x 13`5 (16.75m x 4.10m) Original station platform with stanchions, multi-fuel fire, feature exposed stonework, table and chair seating for circa 60, overlooking former railway line, timber wainscoting, skylights
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, 2 x urinals
2 x low level w.c’s, 2 x wash hand basins
FORMER STATION MASTERS DINING ROOM
14`3 x 13`10 (4.35 m x 4.20 m) Covers for 15, radiator heating
Extractor fan, double deep fat fryer, 6 burner gas oven, double contact grill, microwave, stainless steel single drainer sink, Bain Marie, toaster, wash hand basin, adjoining pantry
Chiller gantry and salad pots, dish washer, washing machine, 2 x chest freezers, stainless steel sink unit, fridge, microwave
GUESTS LOUNGE / MEETING ROOM
16`7 x 12`11 (5.05m x 3.95m) Multi-fuel fire, exposed stonework chimney breast, tiled hearth, self contained access to outside, stairs to:-
LANDING with carpet and radiator heating
Double shower cubicle, low level w.c., wash hand basin
14`11 x 13`9 (4.55m x 4.20m) Wood flooring, radiator heating, en-suite three piece bathroom with Velux window
13`9 x 12`4 (4.20m x 3.75m) Carpet, radiator heating, fireplace
13`7 x 8`9 (4.15m x 2.65m) Radiator heating, carpet, fireplace
STORE / OFFICE
28`4 x 13`9 (8.65m x 4.20m) Restricted head height to sides, separate second staircase to ground floor bottle store. There is also a former doorway that has been covered between this area and the en-suite from bedroom 1.
To the side of the property is a tea garden with 12 picnic benches, which overlooks the Tarka Line. In addition to the tea garden there is an area, formerly a bus shelter for the train station, with an adjoining area that has previously been used for the housing of a marquee. To the front of the property is car parking that is owned by the local authority.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Torrington is a market town with a large agricultural hinterland, situated approximately 7 miles to the south east of the administrative centre of Bideford and approximately 11 miles to the south west of the sub regional centre of Barnstaple.
The property is situated fronting the A386, Bideford to Great Torrington road, on one side with another side frontage the popular Tarka Trail cycling and walking route of 30 miles through North Devon countryside.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof with an adjoining single storey extension being the former Station Masters office, waiting room and platform from days when the property was operated as a railway station. Constructed in 1870 and with the first train running in the following year the station was used for passengers and freight traffic with the last train running through the station in 1983. Currently the premises is operated as a daytime only licensed cafe / tea room, although it could be adapted to suit new owners trading requirements such as public house, restaurant etc. Internally the premises are configured to provide 3 seating areas for circa 80 covers, with the main cafe being the former platform for the train station. Additional ground floor space includes commercial kitchen, utility areas, as well as a guests lounge / meeting room. The first floor is currently configured as 3 letting bedrooms and shower room but could be utilised as a self contained owners flat if desired. There are also first floor storage rooms / office which could be utilised as further private accommodation subject to necessary consents. As well as the building fronting the Tarka Trail the premises has further “curb appeal” with the adjoining tea garden also running alongside. There are also plans to reinstate part of the former railway line to provide a working steam engine in the future.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest and an assignment of the existing 10 year lease, at a current rent of £14,000 per annum.
The business was established by our clients approximately 3 years ago and is for sale due to other business commitments. Currently operating as licensed daytime cafe / tea room it also offers a Sunday carvery. Trading hours are 9am - 4pm winter and 9am - 6pm summer giving considerable scope to offer restaurant / evening trade. The first year of trading generated a turnover of £175,000 with an increase in the second year to £220,000, although given our clients work commitments a high level of staff were employed. It is thought new owners could greatly reduce the staffing costs and increase the 'bottom line' profit.
Current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.