Double Fronted Tea Rooms with Attractive Gardens, Three Double and One Single Bedroomed Family Accommodation. Side Annexe with Further En-Suite Double Bedroom
- High footfall location with attractive pavement fronting tea gardens
- Lawn tea gardens with floral borders providing covers for 50
- Tea rooms offering a further 33 covers
- 4 bedroomed family accommodation with additional one bedroomed annexe / staff accommodation
- Currently operating 11am - 4pm, end March - mid September
- Considerable scope to increase trade, hours, premises licence etc
- Same ownership for the past 10 years, available due to retirement
Entrance hallway with carpet, radiator heating, ceiling coving, patrons toilet with tiled floor, wash hand basin and low level w.c.
Tea Room One
15`11 x 14`0 (4.85 m x 4.25 m) Covers for circa 11, double doors to tea garden, carpet, radiator heating, ceiling coving, chiller fridge, archway to:-
1 x 2 door refrigerated gastronorm counter, 1 x 3 door refrigerated gastronorm counter and salad bar, milk fridge, freezer, blender, double coffee machine, coffee grinder, water urn, toaster, stainless steel single drainer sink, non slip flooring, plastic clad walls, till, double contact grill
3 x single deep fat fryers, 1 x Lincat double deep fat fryer, 6 x microwaves, commercial dishwasher, domestic dishwasher, extractor fan, 5 burner gas cooker with electric double oven, glass washer, 1 x upright fridge, 1 x upright freezer, door to lean to bottle / waste store
Tea Room Two
19`11 x 14`2 (6.05 m x 4.30 m) Covers for circa 22, feature fireplace and surround, ceiling coving and rose, carpet, radiator heating, double doors to tea garden
Annexe / Kitchenette
Laminate flooring, eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, stairs to FIRST FLOOR bedroom 15`7 x 8`4 (4.75 m x 2.55 m) fitted wardrobes, carpet, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Access from main entrance hallway, landing with carpet and radiator heating
17`2 x 10`9 (5.25 m x 3.30 m) Bay window, fitted wardrobes, radiator heating, ceiling coving and carpet
16`9 x 10`6 (5.10 m x 3.20 m) Bay window, fitted wardrobes, carpet, radiator heating
Bath, shower cubicle, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
11`1 x 8`9 (3.35 m x 2.65 m) Fitted wardrobes, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Through room from bedroom 3. 11`5 x 7`4 (3.45 m x 2.25 m) with adjoining room currently used as workroom but potential for bathroom 11`4 x 8`9 (3.45 m x 2.65 m) Velux window and blind
Landing with carpet, Velux window, airing cupboard
20`7 max x 17`2 max (6.25 m x 5.25 m) L' shaped, carpet, radiator heating, adjoining cupboard store for office area
To the front of the premises is an attractive tea garden which fronts St James Place providing the opportunity for considerable footfall and chance. The tea garden is predominately laid to lawn with floral borders, wooden table and chair seating for circa 48 with each table having its own parasol.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Ilfracombe is a popular resort situated on the North Devon Coast, with an estimated population in the region of 10,500. The sub regional centre of Barnstaple lies approximately 13 miles to the south.
The subject property is on St. James Place which is the main arterial road leading into the harbour. This area enjoys a good captive audience, bolstered by the busy summer trading period. The area is within the restaurant / dining part of the town and is not far from the restaurant premises in the ownership of the renowned artist, Damien Hirst. Ilfracombe has also had speculation regarding the redevelopment of the harbour area. McCarthy & Stone have completed a progressive redevelopment of the former Cliff Hydro site which overlooks the harbour. Tesco are located on the edge of town, as well as Lidl within the town centre supermarket. Other residential schemes are also afoot and under construction.
The Property and Construction
Being a double fronted three storey premises under a pitched slate roof, there are 2 x two storey extensions to the side providing both further commercial and domestic areas. During our clients 10 year ownership they have continued to invest in the maintenance of the building with replacement double glazed sash windows to be installed in October 2016. The ground floor consists of two tea rooms providing covers for 33 and each have double doors leading out on the front tea garden which offers a further 50 covers. It is this lawned tea garden area which provides significant kerb appeal to patrons and the opportunity of chance trade. The remainder of the ground floor provides preparation and kitchen space for the operation of the business. To the first floor, offering three double bedrooms with recently fitted wardrobes, bathroom with fitted shower, bath, wash basin and w.c. From bedroom 3 there is a single bedroom with door to a workroom area. The second floor leads to a private lounge area, office, stationary room and airing cupboard. The property has a self contained annexe with open plan ground floor kitchenette / living area with a first floor double bedroom, fitted wardrobes and en-suite. In the same area the vendors have a store room with freezers for commercial goods. The property benefits from gas fired central heating.
Our clients our inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been in the same family ownership for the past 10 years the property is available due to the pending retirement of our clients. The business is operated for ease of management 11am - 4pm, Easter to mid September with the menu consisting of sandwiches, hot and cold lunches, cream teas, hot and cold drinks etc. It is thought new owners could significantly increase trade by extending the opening hours and trading months, offering evening meals and obtaining a premises licence for the sale of alcohol. Our clients choose to operate under the VAT threshold. The business is operated by our clients as well as their daughter, son and 3 / 4 part time staff dependent on the time of year.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.