Village Centre Tea Room and Tea Garden with Separate Fish and Chip Takeaway plus Owners Accommodation
- Village Centre trading location on prominent tourist route
- Tea room and tea garden with separate fish and chip servery
- 2 bedroomed owner's accommodation and private garden
- Tea room operating daytime hours, fish and chip takeaway operating lunchtimes and evenings
- Suitable for partnership / family operation
- Oil fired central heating
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
13`11 x 13`4 (4.25m x 4.05m) Main servery, cake display, till, table and chair covers for 7, window seating, beamed ceiling
13`9 x 11`6 (4.20m x 3.50m) Wood effect vinyl flooring, exposed stonework fireplace with electric fire, window seating, radiator heating, covers for 15
BABY CHANGING ROOM
With access to both tea rooms, base units, worktops, dishwasher, 2 x stainless steel single drainer sinks, coffee machine, water boiler, milk shake maker, adjoining
Worktops, 3 x microwaves, electric cooker, double drainer sink unit, Panini machine, toaster, griddle, 3 x fridges, freezer
19`6 x 13`6 (5.95m x 4.10m) Tiled flooring, air conditioning, 3.5 pan electric range, counter servery, touch screen till and printer, 2 pot Bain Marie, wash hand basin, double drinks chiller, fish fridge and freezer
Timber built store shed (2 x dry stores) walk in chiller/freezer.
KITCHEN / DINER
Eye and base units, sink unit, radiator, spot lighting, walk in larder which could be removed to increase floor space
3 piece with corner shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
14`4 x 11`5 (4.35m x 3.45m) Carpet, radiator heating, storage cupboard
Hallway with carpet
10`2 x 9`5 (3.10m x 2.85m) Carpet, radiator heating
13`5 x 7`10 (4.10m x 2.40m) Carpet, radiator heating
4 piece with panel enclosed bath, wash hand basin, shower, low level w.c., radiator heating
There are two fenced garden areas, one utilised as a tea garden with picnic bench style seating for 30 covers part laid to lawn and part gravel / patio. The private garden is laid to lawn with 2 sheds and a lean to store.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Bude, six miles due west, Bideford, 14 miles due east, Launceston, circa 15 miles to the south, with access to the main A30.
The premises sits in the village square in a prominent location on the main tourist route/A39 Atlantic Highway. There is ample close by parking both alongside and opposite the premises.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Believed to be around 400 years old, the property is Grade II listed and of stone and cob rendered elevations beneath a pitched and slated roof. The entire property comprises what was probably a pair of terraced cottages, with 2 commercial parts (left hand side fish and chip takeaway, right hand side tea room), with first floor owners accommodation. The tea room comprises of two seating areas offering covers for 22 plus rear tea garden with further covers for 30. The takeaway has tiled floor and a good compliment of equipment, including a 3.5 pan electric range. There are kitchen / preparation areas to the rear of both commercial parts, linking them for ease of management, with further back up facilities including a small yard, dry stores and walk in freezer. The private accommodation comprises kitchen / diner, lounge, family bathroom, shower room and two bedrooms with a rear private garden.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business is currently operated as a daytime tea room, with the takeaway operating lunchtimes midday - 1.30pm and evening s 4.30pm - 8.30pm (9.30pm main season). The tea room offers cakes, light lunches, snacks, cream teas, hot and cold drinks etc with the takeaway offering a traditional menu including burgers, pies, chicken nuggets. The businesses have a variety of part time staff plus 1 full time fryer for the takeaway. Accountancy information available upon request.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
As the property is Grade II Listed an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.