Village Centre Tea Room with 3 Bedroomed Family Home and Garden
- Situated on main arterial road through this sought after village location
- Just two miles from Barnstaple
- Vintage style tea room with covers for 24
- Currently trading 5 days per week, 9.30am-4pm
- Three bedroomed family home adjoining having been subject to much refurbishment in the past couple years including central heating, double glazing, bathroom, electrics, log burner
- Rear garden with potential to expand to create additional roof top garden
- Ideal husband and wife / family enterprise
- For sale due to pending retirement, no onward chain
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
28`7 x 12`0 (8.70 m x 3.65 m) Single fronted shop unit, vintage style fit-out, table and chair / bench seating for 24 covers, vinyl flooring, central heating, counter servery and preparation worktop, stainless steel wash hand basin, double coffee machine and grinder, till, down lighters
Double eye level grill, 5 burner gas hob and electric oven, freezer, fridge, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, extractor fan, stainless steel preparation benches, stainless steel single drainer sink, door to private accommodation
Low level w.c., with adjoining cloakroom with wash hand basin
FAMILY ACCOMMODATION - GROUND FLOOR
Double glazing entrance door, reception hall with carpet and radiator heating
Carpet, radiator heating, under stairs cupboard
LOUNGE / DINER
19`10 x 14`4 (6.05 m x 4.35 m) Carpet, double glazed bay window, log burner with wood surround and slate hearth
Eye and base units, work surfaces, vinyl floor, gas 6 burner hob and electric oven, plumbing for washing machine, double glazing, radiator heating, boiler, door to rear garden
Low level w.c, wash hand basin within cloakroom
LANDING with carpet, double glazing overlooking garden, radiator heating
9`2 x 7`9 (2.80 m x 2.35 m) Carpet, double glazing overlooking garden, radiator heating
11`7 x 10`5 (3.55 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, double glazing, radiator heating
11`8 x 10`6 (3.55 m x 3.20 m) Carpet, double glazing overlooking garden, radiator heating t
Installed in 2020, 4 piece bathroom with bath, corner shower, low level w.c., wash hand basin, heated towel rail
To the rear of the property is the garden which is predominately laid to lawn with flower bed and vegetable patch borders. There is scope to extend the garden area by way of utilising the roof top of the tea room.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Landkey is a sought after village, just 2 miles from the regional centre of Barnstaple. Demand for executive and large family s has been high and several developments have been completed over the last few years. The village's popularity is due to its good access to the A361 Link Road to Barnstaple but still enjoying the identity of a traditional Devon village. Planning permission has been granted for a further 300 dwellings within the expanding village, with a further 700 dwellings planned on the outskirts of the village.
The property is situated on the main road running through the village, close to the village hall, car park and The Castle public house.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Configured as a three bedroomed family home with an adjoining tea room providing covers for approximately 24. The main building is of two storey construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof with the tea room being single storey. The tea room premises has previous had planning permission approved for the addition of a second storey (and conversion to a dwelling), although this consent has lapsed at present. During our clients ownership the property has been subject to considerable refurbishment including the installation of central heating, double glazing, electrics, family bathroom and a log burner within the lounge. The family home is configured as ground floor lounge / diner, kitchen, toilet with three first floor bedrooms and bathroom. To the rear of the property is the family garden which could be further extended to incorporate a roof top garden if desired. The tea room, which has its own self contained kitchen, is approximately 350 sq.ft (33 sq.m) and provides covers for 24 within a vintage style fit-out.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business was established by our clients in 2016 when they converted the premises from the former Village Post Office and Stores. Trading as a vintage style tea room the business is operated by mother and daughter partnership (both undertaking 3 days per week) with a part time member of staff, undertaking 2 days per week. Opening hours at present are Tues-Fri 9.30am-4.00pm, Sat 10am-2pm, although it is thought these could be extended to increase trade if new owners desired. Main lines include hot and cold drinks, cakes, cream teas, sandwiches, lunches, specials, breakfast (all grilled no frying undertaken). Additional income is derived from buffet lunches for business, baby shower cream tea parties etc. Turnover for business is approximately £50,000 with further accountancy information available upon request. The business has a 5* 'Score on the Doors' hygiene rating.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.