Highly Prominent Showroom / Retail Premises with Road Fronted Display / Parking
- Extensive road frontage onto main arterial road into Town
- Showroom and ancillary ground floor 2,807 sq.ft (261 sq.m)
- First floor offices 2,417 sq.ft (225 sq.m)
- Display / parking for circa 30 vehicles
- Additional rear parking and delivery access
- Former car showroom presently utilised by retail operator
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
2,807 sq.ft (261 sq.m) Glazed showroom window displays, glazed vehicular access door, part tiled part carpeted floors, false ceiling, spot lighting, double glazed front entrance doors, disabled toilet, rear personnel doors, radiator heating, office, rear store with roller shutter access door
2,417 sq.ft (225 sq.m) Currently configured as five offices, with toilet facilities, staff room. The first floor is accessed from the ground floor stairwell which has access doors from the rear parking area as well as the showroom.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The property is situated on Two Rivers Industrial Estate fronting Braunton Road, which is the main arterial road from the north into Barnstaple Town. Occupiers in the immediate vicinity include the Volkswagen vehicle dealership which is situated opposite.
Currently a retail / office premises the building was formerly a Volkswagen car showroom and dealership. The two storey detached building has brick facing to all elevations under a profiled steel roof. The ground floor provides approximately 2,807 sq.ft (261 sq.m) with extensive glazing as well as glazed vehicular access doors. Additional space at ground floor includes office, disabled toilet and storeroom with rear roller shutter door access. The first floor, which does offer self contained access, provides 2,417 sq.ft (225 sq.m) which is currently configured as 5 offices with additional toilet facilities and staff room. To the front of the premises is a display / parking area for circa 30 vehicles, with additional parking and access to the rear of the building.
The premises are made available by way of a new lease.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £34,250 Rates Payable: £16,509 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
The premises are currently utilised for retail and office purposes under a 'personal' consent. Prior to this the premises were utilised as a car showroom. Being mainly of open plan configuration the premises would suit a wide variety of alternative uses, subject to necessary planning consents.
All mains connected.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
If applicable at the prevailing rate.