Fully Equipped Sandwich Bar Business with many Office Operators in the Immediate Vicinity
- Low cost base business with annual rent of £5,700 per annum and eligible for nil business rates
- Sandwich bar and take-away business with outside seating
- Located within building with over 40 other retail / office users
- Close to car parking and bus station
- Manageable menu and trading hours, 5 days per week
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Chilled serve over counter, griddle, 3 x fridges, chiller, electric oven, contact grill, coffee machine, toaster, microwave, stainless steel single drainer sink, tiled floor
2 x chest freezers, 2 x soup cauldrons
Microwave and assorted racking
Low level w.c., wash hand basin, shower. Communal toilet for other users within Queens House
To the front of the premises is an area for 3 tables and 6 seats.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The premises are situated on the edge of the main retail core, located between the main bus station and Queen Street car park, within a building called Queens House. Queens House itself is home to over 40 office / retail businesses with Queen Street being a major pedestrian and vehicular thoroughfare benefiting from a large numbers of passing and chance trade.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a kiosk style sandwich bar / take-away premises with double glazed frontage and covered seating area to the front. The fitted and equipped premises also has 2 stockrooms and use of communal toilets with Queens House.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest. We understand the current rent is £5,700 per annum.
The business was purchased by our clients in 2017 and has been operated mainly as a charitable venture. Current operating hours are 9.30am - 2.30pm, 5 days per week, it is thought new owners will choose to operate as a more commercial venture such as offering earlier opening to target workers / breakfast opportunities etc which given the premises are within a building with over 40 other business could significantly increase the turnover of the business. The manageable menu offers sandwiches, baguettes, snacks, hot and cold drinks.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.