Well Known Sandwich Bar Franchise within High Street Trading Location
- Well known international sandwich franchise business
- Double fronted shop unit adjacent to Lloyds Pharmacy and Nationwide
- Sold with Subway fit out, trade inventory and franchise back up / support
- Take-away servery and counter plus covers for circa 20
- Ideal husband and wife / partnership venture
- Eligible for full business rates relief
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
40`1 x 19`6 (12.20m x 5.95m) Subway fit out including tiled floor, false ceiling, air conditioning, drinks dispenser, back ground music speaker system, table and chair seating for circa 20 covers, chilled serve over counter, till system, extractor system, 2 x bread ovens, Bain Marie, Merrychef combi microwave
Low level w.c., 2 x wash hand basins
Tiled floor, twin stainless steel sink unit, walk in chiller
Assorted storage areas
To the rear of the property is car parking for 2 vehicles.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Ilfracombe has long been established as a thriving seaside resort, thanks to its sandy beach, wide range of accommodation and amenities. In recent years it has attracted a more diverse crowd too, including those who come to visit its Michelin-starred restaurant and see artist Damien Hirst’s installation ‘Verity’ that dominates the otherwise traditional harbour. Ilfracombe’s resident population of over 11,000 makes it one of North Devon’s larger towns, and there are solid plans for ongoing development including an additional 1,500k houses and possible marina. Good road and bus services connect Ilfracombe to Barnstaple (12 miles), Woolacombe (6 miles), Combe Martin (5 miles), Croyde (9 miles), Braunton (7 miles), Bideford (22 miles) and South Molton (24 miles).
The premises are within a prime retail pitch within easy walking distance to areas of parking and national operators including Lloyds Pharmacy, Superdrug, McColls Convenience Store and Nationwide.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being double fronted shop unit, the premises is fitted out as a Subway franchise with serve over counter, table and chair seating for circa 20 covers, rear preparation and walk in chiller. There is also basement storage and rear car parking.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Leasehold interest, further lease information available on request. We understand the current rent is £9,000 per annum.
Currently trading as a Subway franchise the business is fully operated by staff at the current time with a wage bill of approximately £55,000 per annum. It is thought new owners could significantly reduce these costs and increase the profitability of the store. Turnover for the past two years has been between £180,000 and £200,000. The business is sold with the Subway fit out along with the franchise back up support and advice. Current operating hours are 7am - 9pm 6 days per week and 8am - 9pm Sundays. Subway offer hot and cold sandwiches (subs) as well as salads, hot and cold drinks for either eat in or take-away trade. Although the store is well fitted an updated 'face lift' of the store will be required as part of the franchise agreement, further information available upon request. It should be noted that the setting up of a 'new' store and franchise would normally cost in excess of £100,000 so the opportunity to acquire a franchise for less than this is rare.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.