Substantial Town Centre Premises of Over 3,570 SQ.FT (332 SQ.M) – Plus Rear Car Park / Yard and Workshop
- Town Centre location close to Quayside
- Three storey premises, currently configured as retail / showroom of 3,570 sq.ft (332 sq.m)
- Extensive pavement frontage and display
- Rear access to car parking / yard area
- Two storey workshop / store of 1,732 sq.ft (161 sq.m)
- Available for the first time in over 100 years
Single fronted shop display with double door entrance
1,425 sq.ft (132 sq.ft)
OFFICE AND STORE
197 sq.ft (18 sq.m)
Configured as 4 rooms and landing
1,508 sq.ft (140 sq.m)
Configured as 4 rooms, landing and toilet
1,145 sq.ft (106 sq.m)
To the rear of the property is a service yard suitable for car parking / storage with access to this gained from Rope Walk. Within the yard is a two storey workshop totalling 1,732 sq.ft (161 sq.m).
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Affinity Devon retail area (formerly Atlantic Village) (formerly Atlantic Village) and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The premises are situated within Bridgeland Street which is considered to be a preferred location for professional office occupiers and retailers, it is also the location for the JD Wetherspoons public house. Bridgeland Street adjoins the main pedestrian thoroughfare known as Mill Street as well as The Quay.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof, with a ground single fronted shop display. The ground floor offers a retail area of 1,425 sq.ft (132 sq.m) with the entire building providing a floorarea of 3,570 sq.ft (332 sq.m), currently configured as retail / showroom and storage. To the rear of the building is a service yard suitable for car parking / storage and within the yard is a two storey workshop / store of 1,732 sq.ft (161 sq.m). The service yard is accessed via Rope Walk.
The premises are available by way of a new lease term.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value: £15,500 Rates Payable: £7,471 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.