Village Centre Retail / Office Premises - Suitable for a Wide Variety of Trades
- Having been trading as a hairdressers for many years but suitable for a wide variety of other trades including retail, office, treatment rooms
- Located just off Village Square close to Newsagents, Supermarket and Post Office and Bus Stop
- GIA 311 sq.ft (29 sq.m) plus kitchenette and toilet facilities
- Eligible for Small Business Rates Relief
- Available by way of a new lease term
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
MAIN RETAIL UNIT
GIA 234 sq.ft (28 sq.m) Double frontage, vinyl flooring, LED strip lighting, 1 front wash basin, 4 cutting stations, adjoining:-
GIA 77 sq.ft (7 sq.m) Vinyl flooring, LED strip lighting, 1 back wash basin
KITCHENETTE / STORE
Low level w.c.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northam itself has its own newsagents, fish & chip shop, restaurant, Public House, Costcutter supermarket and Post Office, primary school, church and swimming pool, with the market town of Bideford located 2 miles South.
Bideford has a resident population, circa 14,000 and this is dramatically swelled during the summer months from the influx of tourists. The Town is of considerable character and known as “the little white town” as described by Charles Kingsley. It sits alongside the River Torridge and is still a busy port and has a wide range of shops, amenities and facilities and is close to the coast at Westward Ho!, Appledore and Instow.
The property is situated just off the Village Square in Cross Street close to Newsagents, Costcutter Supermarket and Post Office as well as Bus Stop.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Comprising of a ground floor lock up shop unit of 311 sq.ft (29 sq.m), the premises benefits from a double frontage with recently installed uPVC windows and entrance door. To the front is the main salon of 234 sq.ft (28 sq.m) with an adjoining rear salon of 77 sq.ft (7 sq.m) as well as kitchenette and toilet facilities. Although the premises are currently fitted as a hairdressers, including sinks, it is thought the premises are suitable for a wide variety of trades.
The premises are available by way of new lease, with short and long term propositions considered upon merit.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £2,425 Rates Payable: £1,169 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate.