Prominent Retail / Office Premises with useful First Floor Room for Workspace, Treatment Room etc
- Prominent window display and frontage
- Ground floor retail / office of 288 sq.ft (27 sq.m) plus first floor space suitable for workspace, treatment room, studio
- Eligible for 100% smalls business rates relief
- Close to nationals including Lloyds Pharmacy with Nationwide opposite
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
19`9 x 14`7 max (6.00m x 4.45m max) 288 sq.ft (27 sq.m)
15`1 x 12`6 max (4.60m x 3380m max) 189 sq.ft (18 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
The rural town of Great Torrington is an important local service and employment centre, with a range of independent and national business, and a strong local community and arts scene. Its resident population numbers over 6,000 when nearby villages are included, and plans are in place for over 600 new homes, plus infrastructure and development for the local economy. Though surrounded by beautiful countryside, North Devon’s beaches are just 10 miles away, and the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple is just 14 miles away. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), and Hatherleigh (11 miles) are also nearby, and easily reachable by car and public transport.
The property is located within Cornmarket Street adjacent to the Town's Square and High Street. There are assorted retailers in the immediate vicinity with nationals including Nationwide (opposite) and Lloyds Pharmacy with the Plough Arts Centre also being close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a ground and first floor lock up retail / office unit with a prominent return frontage onto Well Street and Cornmarket Street. The ground floor provides circa 288 sq.ft (27 sq.m) with specification including entrance lobby, 3 display windows, lighting and internal office. The first floor provides additional useful space of 189 sq.ft (18 sq.m) which could be utilised for a number of uses such as office, treatment room, studio, storage etc. Further specification includes toilet facilities and a stainless steel sink unit within the first floor room.
The premises are available by way of a new lease, with short and long term proposition considered upon merit.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £1,850 Rates Payable: £892 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of Torridge District Council.