Character and Well Maintained Restaurant with Owners Accommodation - Close to Quayside
- Character and quality accommodation throughout
- 36 cover restaurant, operating just 3-4 evenings per week, no lunch trade undertaken
- Considerable scope for owner occupier chef / husband and wife partnership
- For sale after 15 years of ownership
- Extensive refurbishment during clients ownership
- 2 bedroomed owners accommodation, one en-suite, bathroom, lounge / kitchen / diner
- Rear garden and roof terrace
- Suitable for alternative uses such as retail, offices, treatment rooms, studio, gallery etc subject to planning consent
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Storm porch entrance
29`6 x 17`3 (9.00 m x 5.25 m) Table and chair / bench seating providing covers for 24, part quarry tiled part wood flooring, beamed ceiling, dado rail, 2 x fire places with wood surrounds, radiator heating, adjoining:-
Till, back ground music system, CCTV, wine cooler, fire system and emergency lighting
Natural daylight lighting, large Velux window, Rational combi oven, 6 burner gas oven, extractor system, domestic gas oven, 3 x under counter three chamber chiller units (one with heated service gantry), salad / topping chiller, freezer, glass washer, tiled floor with central cleaning gulley, sink unit with waste disposer, dishwasher, chiller, plastic clad walls
DRY STORE / LAUNDRY ROOM
Washing machine, tumble dryer, space for further fridges and freezers, adjoining bin store
15`7 x 15`1 (4.75 m x 4.60 m) Table and chair seating for 12 covers, wood flooring, fireplace with wood surround, ceiling cornice and rose, uplighters, radiator heating
Landing with carpet
Non slip flooring, urinal, low level w.c., wash hand basin with tiled splash back
Non slip flooring, 2 x low level w.c's, wash hand basin
Landing with carpet, light brick, radiator heating
10`10 x 9`4 (3.30 m x 2.85 m) Carpet, radiator heating, wardrobe
LOUNGE / KITCHEN / DINER
14`7 x 14`1 (4.45 m x 4.30 m) Having been refurnished and kitchen installed in 2018. Comprising of handmade eye and base units, worktop, plumbing for dishwasher, induction hob, electric oven, tiled splash back, laminate flooring, recessed fireplace with multi fuel burner, laminate flooring
4 piece bathroom with electric shower over bath, heated towel rail, low level w.c., wash hand basin, bidet
17'3 x 14`11 (5.25 m 4.55 m) Juliette balcony with views towards River Torridge, beamed ceiling, dormer window, three piece en-suite bathroom with Velux window, vinyl flooring, radiator heating
To the rear of the property is a walled garden area which is predominantly laid to lawn with floral borders as well as roof top garden area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
With a resident population of around 32,000 including nearby villages, Bideford is the second largest town in North Devon, and the town has a reputation as a pleasant place to live, work and visit. In recent years Bideford has benefited from lots of investment and development, including the ongoing Atlantic Park retail area and improvements to the historic town centre and quayside, and the current Local Plan allows for a further 4,000 homes plus leisure facilities. Bideford is within 3 miles of some well-known North Devon locations such as Appledore, Westward Ho!, Instow and Northam and only 9 miles from the area’s commercial centre of Barnstaple. It is also within a half-hour’s drive of Exmoor National Park, the beaches around Woolacombe, Croyde and Saunton, and the Devon-Cornwall border.
The property is situated within Cooper Street which connects The Quay and the pedestrianised area of Mill Street. Cooper Street and Jubilee Square were redeveloped in 2011. There are assorted retail, leisure and office users within the immediate vicinity with nationals operators including McColls Convenience Stores and HSBC Bank.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being a Town Centre Grade II Listed premises of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof which has been in our clients ownership since 2004. During this time he has undertaken extensive refurbishment of the premises including extension and refitting of the commercial kitchen, rebranding and refurbishment of the restaurant areas as well as loft conversion to provide additional en-suite owners bedroom. Internally the premises offers commercial kitchen and restaurant seating for circa 24 with additional seating at first floor level for 12 (this first floor seating area could be utilised as further owners accommodation if desired). Private accommodation is located on the second floor and within the loft conversion and provides 2 bedrooms (1 en-suite), bathroom as well as lounge / kitchen / diner that was refurbished and installed in 2018, including a multi fuel burning stove. There is considerable character and features throughout the building including original fireplaces, quarry tiled floor, beamed ceilings and unusually a light brick within the floor of the second floor landing. To the rear of the property is a walled garden which is predominantly laid to lawn with floral borders as well as roof top garden area.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been owner operated by our client since 2004 the business is run by our client with an assistant chef and a pool of 3 members of table service staff. Our client chooses to operate evenings only 3-4 nights per week, giving new owners considerable scope to increase operating hours as well as undertaking daytime trade. The business has previously had a turnover in excess of £100,000 but trading on the reduced hours 2019 turnover is expected to be in the region of £80,000. A food hygiene rating of 5 has been achieved as well as many 5 star Trip Advisor reviews and repeat customers. It is thought the business would be ideal for a husband and wife / owner occupier chef.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
As the property is Grade II Listed an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.