Quintessential Thatched Destination Inn with Letting Bedrooms and Self Catering Units
- Olde Worlde 16th C Thatched Village Inn
- Lounge bar, snug, dining room, conservatory dining room
- Many period features including beamed Ceilings, Feature Fireplaces, Timber Panel Walls, exposed stonework
- 3 first floor letting bedrooms and 2 x apartments, suitable for owners, staff or letting purposes
- 3 separate ground floor self caterings units, each with outside space
- Car parking and beer terrace
- Two garden areas predominately laid to lawn
- Ideal family / dual family operation
- Potential development to residential dwelling, positive planning pre-application received
- Currently closed after 35 years of family ownership due to personal circumstances
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
From the car park entrance into
MAIN LOUNGE BAR
43`4 x 15`4 (13.20m x 4.65 m) Feature bar with original beamed ceilings, part quarry tiled floor and carpeting, feature fireplace with inset wood burner, exposed stone walls. There is seating for approximately 20 covers and a timber servery housing a selection of pumps, real ale casks and bottle fridges etc. There is an adjoining RESTAURANT AREA with covers for circa 10.
24`11 x 10`3 (7.60m x 3.10m) Covers for 8, leature sofa seating, feature fireplace with wood burner, beamed ceiling, carpet.
Ladies & Gents W.C’s and door to rear self catering units.
Rear BOTTLE STORE and CELLAR with direct access to the front of the property.
CONSERVATORY DINING ROOM / BREAKFAST ROOM
13`6 x 11`6 (4.10m x 3.50m) Covers for circa 14, vaulted ceiling and is glazed to the front and sides, with access to the front terrace. This room is used for B&B guests for breakfast and also as a dining area in the evenings.
Non slip flooring, dishwasher, microwaves, 6 burner gas oven, grill, double sink unit, griddle, 3 x deep fat fryers, 2 x fridges, extractor system.
UTILITY ROOM which houses washing machine, fridges and freezers.
14`7 x 9`1 (4.45m x 2.75m) Carpet and adjoining 3 piece shower room for staff.
OWNERS / STAFF ACCOMMODATION
Double Bedroom, Lounge / Diner with fitted kitchen, Bathroom.
From the car park there is another entrance which brings you into a small hallway with stairs to the letting accommodation, currently comprising:-
Double Bedroom with beamed ceilings, wash hand basin, en-suite shower & w.c.
Twin Bedroom, plus children's bed, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with linen store.
Twin Bedroom, shower, wash hand basin, en-suite w.c.
This is a two bedroom self contained letting apartment and comprises of en-suite double bedroom, twin room with en-suite shower, separate w.c., living room with fitted kitchen.
To the front of the property is car parking for circa 18 vehicles as well as a gravelled beer terrace with picnic bench style seating
To the rear of the pub there are three self contained letting units, with separate access from the road, as well as access via the main Inn building and the Inn car park.
Double bedroom, lounge / diner with kitchenette, bathroom, private garden area.
Lounge with kitchenette, double en-suite bedroom, archway from main lounge into Study / children's bedroom, front courtyard garden.
“NEW COACH HOUSE”
Kitchenette area with lounge diner, double en-suite bedroom, twin en-suite shower room. French doors from the lounge area out into private garden.
There are two garden areas which are predominately laid to lawn and are utilised as by the self catering units.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
is a popular North Devon village, located just off the A377 (old Exeter to Barnstaple Road), near Umberleigh. The property can also be accessed from the A361 (North Devon Link Road) through the Market Town of South Molton, which is approximately 6 miles away.
The property is located on the main road through the village, within walking distance of High Bullen Hotel and 18 hole parkland Golf Course.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The Grade II Listed thatched property dates back to c.16th Century and is of masonry construction with rendered elevations. To the front of the Inn is a latter conservatory style extension to create further dining area. The main Inn building comprises of lounge bar, snug, restaurant and conservatory restaurant with many period features throughout including beamed ceilings, exposed stonework fireplaces and timber panelling. At first floor level are 3 en-suite letting bedrooms, a 2 bedroom apartment with an additional one bedroomed at ground floor level. The adaptable accommodation makes the operation of the business particularly suitable for a family / dual family occupation. As well as the main building there are 3 ground floor self catering units to the rear, all of which have their own garden / courtyard area. Additional outside space includes car parking and beer terrace to the front of the property as well as two garden areas which are predominately utilised for the self catering units.
THE PROPOSAL / DEVELOPMENT
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest. Our clients have received a positive pre-planning application from the local authority regarding the conversion of the property to a single dwelling.
Having been in the same family ownership for approximately 35 years, for personal reasons the business is now closed. It is thought a husband and wife / family operation could operate a significant business taking advantage of local and holiday trade as well as offering golfing, shooting and activity weekends.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.