16th Century Coaching Inn with 9 Letting Bedrooms, Extensive Public Areas, Touring and Camping Site
- Prominent trading location fronting the A39
- Set within 2 acres with beer garden, car parking, touring and camping site
- Public areas including public bar, lounge bar, restaurant, function suite
- Gymnasium with hot tub
- 9 well appointed en-suite letting bedrooms
- Many rooms with far reaching countryside views
- 2 / 3 bed owners accommodation
- Same ownership since 2003
Reception entrance with tiled floor
Main Public Bar
37`7 x 14`7 (11.45 m x 4.45 m) Bar servery, 3 x chiller fridges, non slip flooring, till, glass washer, stainless steel single drainer sink, coffee machine, assorted beer fonts. Bar area with multi fuel burner, exposed stone chimney breast, table and chair seating, darts board, TV
Games / Lounge Area
32`8 x 23`10 (9.95 m x 7.25 m) Part tiled, part carpeted floor, pool table, fruit machine, sofa seating, double glazing, exposed stone walling, juke box
Tiled walls and floor, wash hand basin, low level w.c., urinal
Tiled walls and floor, 2 x low level w.c’s, 2 wash hand basins, vanity unit and back lit mirror
38`8 x 14`4 (11.80 m x 4.35 m) Flagstone flooring, covers for circa 36, settle seating, exposed ceiling beams, gas fire, return bar servery from main bar
Fronting onto road, double glazing, tiled floor, seating
27`3 x 10`5 (8.30 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, table and chair seating, servery and till
Carvery / Function Suite
37`3 x 27`10 (11.35 m x 8.50 m) Covers for circa 60, exposed ceiling beams, carpet, double glazing, carvery servery, uplighters, ladies and gents toilets, removable skittle alley
Stainless steel preparation benches, non slip flooring, 6 burner gas oven, combi-oven, double grill, double deep fat fryer, griddle, stainless steel wash hand basin, plate warmer, 3 x microwaves, plastic clad walls, fridges, freezers, chefs office
Adjoining wash area with double drainer sink unit, dishwasher
Tumble dryer, washing machine, ice machine, adjoining dry store
Letting Bedrooms - First Floor
The letting accommodation has been refurbished to provide well appointed en-suites bedrooms all with double glazing, carpeted flooring, radiator heating and the majority having countryside views.
1 x Twin room
1 x Family room
1 x King room
1 x Super King room
5 x Double rooms
21`11 x 16`2 (6.70 m x 4.90 m) Carpet, double glazing, radiator heating, countryside views
12`11 x 10`11 (3.95 m x 3.30 m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Hallway with carpet, radiator heating
12`11 x 10`11 (3.95 m x 3.30 m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Bedroom 3 / Office
CCTV recorder and monitor
Four Piece Bathroom
Bath, shower, low level w.c., wash hand basin, carpet, tiled walls
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
The property sites on a site of circa 2 acres, with tarmacadam car parking, beer garden and 2 former paddocks which provide touring caravan and camping pitches. There is an additional building which is presently used as a residents and members gymnasium measuring 39`7 x 16`11 (12.05 m x 4.90 m), which has an adjoining changing area and hot tub room.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Located on the A39 Atlantic Highway, the property has a road frontage on this popular tourist route giving it the opportunity for chance / passing trade. Bude lies 10 miles to the South, Bideford 12 miles to the East and the village of Hartland 4 miles to the North. The direct area surrounding the property is known as Bursdon Moor.
The Property and Construction
Being a former 16th century coaching Inn, the extensive property has retained many period features including exposed stone walling, open fireplaces and beamed ceilings. The main building is of two storey construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof, with a latter single story extension, with pitched slate roof, providing further trading area by way of a function suite, which also has a removable skittle alley. Public areas include main bar, lounge / games bar, restaurant, overflow restaurant and carvery / function suite for circa 60. Much attention has been paid to the first floor letting accommodation with the premises benefiting from 9 letting bedrooms, all being en-suite. Also located on the first floor is the owners’ apartment which consists of 2 / 3 bedrooms (one is currently used as an office), four piece bathroom, toilet and a lounge with extensive countryside views. Adjoining the main building, and located in the 2 acres of ground is a gymnasium and hot tub for residents and gym members, beer garden, tarmacadam car parking and two touring / camping fields.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been owner operated by our client since 2003, during this time much of the premises, including letting bedrooms, public areas, toilets and bathrooms have been refurbished and / or upgraded. Net turnover for the last couple years has been between £175,000 and £185,000. Our client estimates the turnover split to be approximately 20 wet : 40 dry : 40 accommodation. At present our client operates with the following staffing 2 x chefs, 2 x house keepers, assorted bar and waiting staff dependent on season. The venue is host to assorted team events including 3 x skittles, 1 x pool, 1 x darts. Included within the sale of the business is the website, www.west-country-inn.com, which has an online booking system, accommodation is also listed on various booking sites including booking.com, laterooms.com etc.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.