Highly Refurbished Public House, Beer Garden and Restaurant with Recent Extension
- Lounge bar, restaurant and snug plus recently extended restaurant / function with bi-fold doors overlooking beer garden
- Much attention to detail undertaken during refurbishment works, including copper top bar, handmade bar server, feature lighting, double sided wood burner in restaurant and function suite
- Recently relocated and fitted commercial kitchen
- Beer garden and children’s play area
- Highly suitable for food trade, adjacent to car parking
- 4 bedroomed owners / staff accommodation with scope to extend
- Internal inspection highly recommended
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Entrance from Village Square leading to porch and tiled hallway with timber wainscoting
42`11 x 20`4 (13.10m x 6.20m) Return bar servery with copper top and handmade rear server, glass washer, wine chiller, double and single drinks chiller, double coffee machine (leased), touch screen till (leased), stainless steel wash hand basin, carpet with tiled floor around bar area, exposed stonewalling, beamed ceiling, fireplace with brick hearth and stone surround, double glazed sky light lantern, sash windows with shutters, Sonos music speakers, radiator heating, table and chair seating
13`2 x 10`3 (4.00m x 3.10m) Carpet, electric fire with stone surround, darts board, radiator heating, Sonos music speaker, covers for 12
16`7 x 12`5 (5.05m x 3.80m) Feature industrial style lighting, carpet, table and chair covers for circa 16, radiator heating, Sonos music speaker, beamed ceiling, double sided wood burner with slate hearth and ‘knock through’ to main restaurant
MAIN RESTAURANT / FUNCTION SUITE
42`9 x 19`5 (13.05m x 5.90m) Completed in 2020, wood flooring, bi-fold doors overlooking beer garden, beamed ceiling, feature industrial lighting, radiator heating, covers for circa 50+, TV, Sonos music speaker
Central circulation area with carpet, skylight, feature water pump and inset stone sink
Vinyl floor, part tiled slate walls, feature wallpaper, 2 x wash hand basins, 2 x low level w.c’s, radiator heating
Vinyl floor, part tiled slate walls, feature wallpaper, wash hand basin, 3 x urinals, 1 x low level w.c., radiator heating
Soft drinks equipment, shelving
Assorted beer lines, pumps, cooling equipment
Assorted fridges and freezers, microwave, washing machine
Non slip flooring, 3 phase clean air extractor, stainless steel preparation benches, 2 x stainless steel wash hand basins, 2 x microwaves, Rational oven, Blue Seal oven, Blue Seal chargrill, chiller gantry, double stainless steel sink unit, double commercial freezer, commercial dishwasher, 2 x fridges, 2 x double deep fat fryers, LED lighting, bulk gas
10`0 x 4`8 (3.05m x 1.40m)
9`7 x 9`0 (2.90m x 2.75m)
12`11 x 12`5 (3.95m x 3.80m)
LOUNGE / DINER
16`2 x 14`9 (4.90m x 4.50m) Carpet, overlooking Village Square, wood burner with tiled hearth
Vinyl flooring, base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, 4 hob electric oven, tiled splash back, larder storage
13`7 x 9`10 (4.15m x 3.00m) Carpet, radiator heating
11`3 x 10`3 (3.40m x 3.10m) Carpet, radiator heating
3 piece bathroom with corner bath, shower over, vinyl flooring
To the rear of the property is a walled beer garden, part patio part laid to lawn, with 12 x picnic style bench tables providing covers for a further 96. Adjoining the beer garden is a children’s play area which is set upon artificial grass. There is also an owner car parking space to the rear.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Hartland is the largest parish in Devon, situated on the coast in the north west of the county. Located approximately 4 miles off the A39 on the B3248. Hartland lies circa 12 miles west of Bideford. Attractions closeby include Hartland Abbey, Hartland Quay, its peninsula and coastal walks.
The property is located on the Village Square adjacent to the main car park. There are a variety of local amenities in the immediate vicinity including village stores, a number of artisan shops and galleries, playing fields, church and primary school,
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of two storey construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof. During 2020 a single storey extension was completed to extend the restaurant to provide further covers and to make it suitable for functions and at the same time the kitchen was relocated to a connecting building. The premises has been considerably refurbished during our clients ownership creating a lounge bar, 2 snug restaurant areas as well as larger restaurant area, suitable for small functions, which overlooks the beer garden. A high attention to detail has formed an integral part of refurbishment works including copper top bar with handmade servery, feature lighting, central double sided wood burner within both snug and main restaurant, timber wainscoting, exposed stonework fireplace, feature wallpaper, new sanitary ware as well as new electrics, central heating, gas interlock etc etc. Including the lounge bar the premises is currently configured to cater for 120 covers but could offer further covers, as well as picnic table style bench seating in the beer garden for a further 96. The beer garden also has a play area which is set upon artificial grass. At first floor level is a self contained 2 bedroomed flat, which has also been refurbished and is suitable for owner occupation or staff accommodation. There are further first floor rooms, currently used as storage which could be incorporated as further private accommodation or potentially letting bedrooms.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business is owned by a family who have other business commitments and have therefore employed more staff than a typical owner occupier. Yearend turnover in 2019 was £213,000 (10 months trading) which increased in 2020 to £291,000, which was prior to the opening of the larger kitchen and the restaurant / function extension, allowing 50+ more covers. The business is currently operated as both a wet and dry venue, with a chef currently employed, and it is thought this could be further expanded by owner occupiers or a manager without external business commitments. Further accountancy information available upon request.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
If applicable, at the prevailing rate.