Public House and Owners Accommodation with Separate Coach House having 3 Letting Bedrooms
- Roadside Public House within letting bedrooms on A39 Atlantic Highway
- Same ownership for past 20 years
- Character lounge bar with beamed ceiling, exposed stonework fireplace, window seating
- One / two bedroomed owners accommodation
- Separate coach house building with 3 en-suite letting bedrooms and pool room (potential for additional letting room)
- Car park and countryside views
- Available by way of Freehold purchase or letting by way of a new free of tie lease
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
26`1 x 20`5 max (7.95m x 6.20m) Entrance door, beamed ceiling, table and chair seating fo 15 covers plus 5 bar stool seating, stonework fireplace with recessed multi fuel burner, double glazing, bar servery, glass washer, till, stainless steel single drainer sink, double chiller, 4 real ale pumps, under counter 'cobra'
Landing with carpet, pantry and store
PREP ROOM / POTENTIAL BEDROOM
16`1 x 7`6 (4.90m x 2.30m) Dual aspect, double glazing, preparation bench, night storage heating
3 piece bathroom, heated towel rail
Stainless steel preparation bench, 2 x single deep fat fryers, extractor fan, 3 x microwaves, 4 hob cooker, dishwasher, stainless steel single drainer sink, stainless steel wash hand basin, chest freezer, fridge / freezer
19`2 x 11`11 (5.85m x 3.65m) Dual aspect, double glazing, countryside and views towards Bristol Channel, night storage heating, carpet
14`0 x 12`2 (4.25m x 3.70m) Double glazing, carpet, eave storage, recessed wardrobes
To the side of the property is private car parking for approximately 12 vehicles. With the car park area is a single garage and a roadside beer patio area. The Coach House is also located within the car park.
COACH HOUSE - GROUND FLOOR
17`9 x 12`0 (5.40m x 3.65m) Pool table, radiator heating
Landing with carpet, double glazing, countryside views
LETTING BEDROOM 1
12`4 x 9`2 (3.75m x 2.80m) Double bedroom, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, countryside views, 3 piece en-suite shower room
LETTING BEDROOM 2
13`11 x 10`3 (4.25m x 3.10m) Family bedroom, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, countryside views, 3 piece en-suite shower room
LETTING BEDROOM 3
13`11 x 10`7 (4.25m x 3.20m) Twin bedroom, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, shower with privacy screen, 2 piece en-suite toilet
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
LOCATION AND SITUATION
The property is situated in the hamlet of Horns Cross on the A39 Atlantic Highway. The Town of Bideford is approximately 5 miles away.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is of three storey construction with rendered elevations under a pitched slate roof with an additional mono pitched roof to the rear. The ground floor provides a character lounge bar with a first floor kitchen. The owners accommodation is over two floors and consists of first floor bathroom and potential second bedroom as well as a second floor bedroom and lounge which has dual aspect countryside views. Adjacent to the property is a car park and within this a detached coach house building which has ground floor toilets as well as a pool room which has potential to be converted to an additional letting bedroom if desired. The first floor of the coach house offers 3 en-suite letting bedrooms all with central heating, double glazing and countryside views. The car park provides spaces for approximately 12 vehicles as well as an owners single garage and a small beer patio seating area.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest, alternatively proposals for a new free of tie lease will be considered.
Having been in the same ownership for the past 20 years, our clients owner operated the business for 13 years and more recently have leased the premises for the past 7 years. During this time opening hours have generally been from midday to evening close although new owners may wish to operate lunchtime and evening hours. Further business information is available upon request but it is thought the letting bedrooms should provide a solid revenue base for the business, with further scope for the conversion of the pool room to an additional en-suite letting bedroom. At present the business is operated by a husband and wife partnership although it has been managed by a sole proprietor in the past as well.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.