Village Centre Pubic House with Five Bedroomed Accommodation - Suitable for Dual Family Occupation
Situated on main arterial road through village
For sale after 14 years of ownership
Character lounge bar, restaurant, games room
Beer garden, car parking and skittle alley
Operating evenings only 6 days, Sunday all day opening
Scope to increase food sales
Owners accommodation with potential for B&B with countryside views
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
MAIN LOUNGE BAR
31`11 x 18`6 (9.70m x 5.65m) Entrance porch, beamed ceiling, stonework fireplace with slate hearth, second fireplace with wood fire surround, carpet, double glazing, radiator heating, table and chair seating, bar stools, darts board, return bar servery with optics rail, 2 x drinks chillers, glass washer, touch screen till, adjoining utility area with ice machine
27`11 x 12`6 (8.50m x 3.80m) Pool table, wood flooring, stonework fireplace, darts board, TV, sofa seating, radiator heating, double glazing, leading to rear porch and entrance from car park
Extension added during our clients ownership, overlooking beer garden 33`1 x 28`4 (10.10m x 8.65m) Table and chair seating providing covers for circa 60, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, wine chiller, carvery station
Extraction system, double deep fat fryer, 6 burner gas oven, griddle, plate warmer, 5 microwaves, 3 x freezers, 2 x fridges, dishwasher, 2 x sink units, rear entrance
LADIES AND GENTS TOILETS
DISABILITY FRIENDLY TOILET
There are two entrances to the private accommodation, one from street level, providing a self contained entrance, the second from within the main lounge bar to the rear of the bar servery
GROUND FLOOR ENTRANCE FROM STREET LEVEL
THREE PIECE BATHROOM
Bath with shower over, wash hand basin, low level w.c., radiator heating
12`11 x 8`8 (3.95m x 2.65m) Countryside views, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
12`5 x 9`10 (3.80m x 3.00m) Countryside views, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
9`10 x 9`9 (3.00m x 2.95m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Eye and base units, extractor fan, electric oven and hob, sink unit
It is thought the owners accommodation is suitable for dual family occupation as it can be split to create two self contained units. Door to second area of private accommodation:-
13`2 x 12`3 (4.00m x 3.75m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Shower, wash hand basin
10`4 x 9`0 (3.15m x 2.75m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
Low level w.c.
LOUNGE / OFFICE
14`3 x 10`1 (4.35m x 3.05m) Carpet, radiator heating, double glazing
To the rear of the property is a walled beer garden predominantly laid to lawn with picnic style seating and feature pond. There is also a rear car park as well as a barn which houses the skittle alley.
Our client has submitted a planning application for the conversion of the store and skittle alley to form a 3/4 bedroomed dwelling, planning application number 1/1217/2017/FUL.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
LOCATION AND SITUATION
The property is situated on the main arterial road through the village, B3227, and is opposite Langtree Parish Hall and infant school. The Towns of Bideford and Great Torrington are 8 and 4 miles away respectively.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The main building is a two storey stone construction under a pitched slate roof, with an adjoining single storey extension to the side which was added to create a separate restaurant / function suite. There is considerable character within the building none more so than within the main lounge bar which has beamed ceilings, exposed stonework and feature fireplaces. Further commercial parts at ground floor include a pool room, 60 cover restaurant / function suite and commercial kitchen. The private accommodation at first floor level offers 4 / 5 bedrooms with separate lounge and kitchen and can easier be separated to create accommodation suitable for dual family occupation or alternatively Bed and Breakfast rooms could be offered. To the rear of the property is a car park which provides rear access to the property as well as barn / storage building which houses a skittle alley. Also to the rear of the property is walled beer garden and patio area.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been purchased by our client in 2013 the business is currently operated 6 evenings per week, from 6pm, with all day opening undertaken on Sundays. Our client has previously franchised the food operation to a third party but has taken this back "in house" since April 2017 and offers "home cook pub food" as well as a Sunday carvery. It is thought new owners could easier and significantly expand the food offering as well as increase the operating hours. The business is operated by our client with 8 part time members of staff including bar staff and table waiting staff. There are 3 skittles teams and 1 darts team that utilise the premises as their home venue.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.