Town Centre Freehold Office /Retail Premises with 2/3 Bedroomed Owners Accommodation Overlooking River Taw
- Highly prominent central location on Town Square
- Views over Town Square, the Albert Clock and River Taw
- Currently configured as ground floor office / retail unit with self contained 3 bedroomed maisonette above
- Refurbished residential parts with new kitchen, floor coverings and decoration
- Bedrooms and main living room with river views
- Same ownership past 27 years
261 sq.ft (24 sq.m) Single fronted retail / office premises with double glazed window display (installed 2019), new floor covering, integrated electrical, IT and Telecom dado rails, LED downlighters, LED strip lighting, floor insulated using 100mm Celetex insulation, walls insulated with foil backed insulation, cloakroom with low level w.c. and wash hand basin
Landing with cupboards
BEDROOM 1 / STUDY / PLAYROOM
14`3 x 8`2 (4.35m x 2.50m) Carpet, radiator heating, two cupboards, telephone point, wall lights and grey voiles
LOUNGE / DINER
17`7 x 13`2 5.35m x 4.00m) Double glazing, carpet, fireplace, radiator heating, grey blinds, front door intercom, telephone point, views over Town Square and River Taw, adjoining:-
Installed in February 2021, eye and base units, built in electric hob and oven, extractor hood, washing machine and dishwasher installed, space for fridge / freezer
With boiler, replaced in 2018, gas certificate Feb 2021
13`0 x 8`2 (3.95m x 2.50m) Double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, grey blind, views over Town Square and River Taw
16`9 x 10`1 (5.10m x 3.05m) Double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, grey blind, original fireplace with mirror above, small old fashioned wall cupboard, views over Town Square and River Taw, currently en-suite but partition wall could be reinstated to create self contained access to:-
4 piece with shower, low level w.c, wash hand basin, bidet, heated towel rail, toilet roll holder, shower curtain and grey blind
LOFT with electrics, lighting and having been boarded
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
Occupying a prominent location on Barnstaple Town Square the premises overlooks the Albert Clock Tower, water fountain and River Taw. The central location of the subject property means that it is also within close proximity of the town's High Street as well as The Tarka Trail.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof (replaced in 2012), the premises have most recently been utilised as a ground floor office with a maisonette on first and second floors which has been rented by owners. In the past few months the property has been extensively refurbished internally including new kitchen, floor coverings and redecoration. The ground floor provides a single fronted retail / office unit of 261 sq.ft (24 sq.m) and is considered suitable for a wide variety of users such as hairdressers, office, treatment room etc. The self contained maisonette benefits from views over the Town Square’s Albert Clock Tower as well as the River Taw, with the refurbished residential parts consisting of 2/3 bedrooms, 4 piece bathroom and a lounge / diner with adjoining kitchen, whilst also benefitting from gas central heating and double glazing. Three Phase electricity was installed in 2013 with FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) available on The Square.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest with full vacant possession upon completion. It should be noted there is a small ‘flying Freehold’ to the rear, on which an indemnity policy will be taken.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report. Maisonette rating C, shop rating B.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £3,300 Rates Payable: £1,584 based on uniformed business rate of 48.0p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.