Town Centre Freehold Office Premises with Planning Permission for Conversion to 5 Residential Units
- Town Centre two storey premises close to High Street
- Currently configured as offices over two floors of 3,842 sq.ft (357 sq.m)
- Planning permission for conversion to 5 dwellings, 3 x two storey house and 2 x single storey flats, 4 with courtyard gardens
- Formerly 2 residential houses
- Plans available from selling Agents
1,614 sq.ft (150 sq.m) Comprising of a number of offices, including ground floor reception, interview offices, storage, staff room and toilet facilities
1,130 sq.ft (105 sq.m) Further office accommodation and storage
Connecting corridor to two storey storage building 1,098 sq.ft (102 sq.m) in total
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Ilfracombe has long been established as a thriving seaside resort, thanks to its sandy beach, wide range of accommodation and amenities. In recent years it has attracted a more diverse crowd too, including those who come to visit its Michelin-starred restaurant and see artist Damien Hirst’s installation ‘Verity’ that dominates the otherwise traditional harbour. Ilfracombe’s resident population of over 11,000 makes it one of North Devon’s larger towns, and there are solid plans for ongoing development including an additional 1,500k houses and possible marina. Good road and bus services connect Ilfracombe to Barnstaple (12 miles), Woolacombe (6 miles), Combe Martin (5 miles), Croyde (9 miles), Braunton (7 miles), Bideford (22 miles) and South Molton (24 miles).
The property is situated with Market Square, which is located between the Town's High Street and Wilder Road which leads to the harbour area.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises have been utilised as solicitors offices for many years, although prior to this they were 2 residential houses. The main building is of two storey construction with front facing local Marland brick under a mono pitched roof with a two storey storage building connecting at the rear. In total the premises offer 3,842 sq.ft (357 sq.m) over two floors configured as offices, storage, kitchen and toilets, with the offices having 4 single fronted window displays facing Market Square.
Our clients are invited offers for the Freehold interest. Planning permission has been achieved (27th October 2020) for 'Change of use of offices B1 to dwelling house C3', application number 72013. Plans are available from the selling agents which detail 5 dwellings in total, 3 x two storey two bedroomed Town House (each 753 sq.ft (70 sq.m)) and 2 x single storey one bedroomed flats (549 sq.ft (51 sq.m) and 484 sq.ft (45 sq.m)). It is provisioned 4 of the dwellings will have a courtyard garden.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Each party is responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £15,500 Rates Payable: £7,471 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. Occupiers may qualify for reliefs and are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.