Highly Prominent Three Storey Office Premises on 1.5 Acre Site
- Prominent corner location adjacent to Downstream Bridge and entrance to Pottington Business Park
- Office premises of GIA 13,074 sq.ft (1,215 sq.m) with accommodation over three floors and lift access
- Ground and first floor offices currently let and income producing £66,500 per annum
- On site car parking for approximately 75 vehicles
- Total site size of 1.5 acres including building
- Of interest to owner occupiers, investors and developers
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
GIA 4,358 sq.ft (405 sq.m) NIA 3,207 sq.ft (298 sq.m) Separate rear entrance from side car park leading to reception entrance, 2 x offices, store room, central lobby, open plan office plus managers office and meeting room, double glazed access doors, double glazed windows, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, CAT 5 cabling, air conditioning. Kitchen, server room and toilet facilities
GIA 4,358 sq.ft (405 sq.m) NIA 3,207 sq.ft (298 sq.m) Central lobby entrance with gents toilet, disabled toilet, main open plan office, 4 offices, meeting room. Additional 4 offices and 2 storerooms, ladies toilets, gents toilets, server room and kitchen. Double glazed windows, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting
GIA 4,358 sq.ft (405 sq.m) NIA 3,207 sq.ft (298 sq.m) Central lobby entrance, main open plan office, 2 offices, 2 meeting rooms. Ladies toilets, gents toilets, kitchen. Additional 3 offices toilet. Double glazed windows, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting, air conditioning
There is measured car parking for approximately 75 spaces, with the majority of these to the front of the building. There is also car parking to the side which includes 14 of these spaces and leads into the rear entrance of the ground floor offices. The remainder of the site is predominantly laid to lawn.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The site and property is situated in a highly prominent corner location, adjacent to the 'Downstream Bridge' which opened in 2007. It is also located at the entrance to Pottington Business Park with operators here including Screwfix, Howdens, Greggs, Crown Paints, Driving Standards Agency as well as a variety of mixed leisure, office and industrial users in the immediate vicinity.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Known as Devonshire House, the prominent three storey premises sits on a site size of approximately 1.5 acres with 75 on site car parking spaces and amenity space, which has potential for future development. To the front of the building is a central entrance which services all three floors, either by way of stairs or lift, with the ground floor having an additional entrance reception. Each floor has a GIA of 4,358 sq.ft (405 sq.m) with a NIA of 3,207 sq.ft (298 sq.m), with each floor having their own toilet and kitchen facilities making the premises suitable for letting floor by floor or part floor by part floor if desired. Each floor has a mix of open plan, meeting and interview office accommodation with the premises having windows facing to both the front and rear providing much natural light to the office accommodation. Additional specification includes spotlighting, CAT2 lighting, radiator heating, air conditioning, carpeting, false ceiling with recessed strip lighting. In addition to the above, there is onsite car parking for approximately 75 vehicles.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest, with the benefit of the existing tenancies.
Ground Floor - Let to Toller Beattie LLP Solicitors, until May 2022 at £29,500 per annum.
First Floor - Vacant possession upon completion
Second Floor - Let to Arthur Gallagher Insurance, until TBC 2021 at £37,000 per annum.
A service charge has been implemented by the current Landlords including lift maintenance, office cleaning, waste disposal, fire alarm testing, window testing etc. Further information available.
We are advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed under a of listings totalling:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £121,350.
We understand VAT is applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.