Newsagents and Owners Accommodation within Estuary Side Village and Enjoying Significant Net Profits
Within popular Estuary side village close to Quayside
Newsagency shop sales and news rounds undertaken
3 mobile news rounds, undertaken by staff, vans included within sale
3 bedroom accommodation, kitchen, lounge and dining room, with self contained entrance and central heating
Highly consistent turnover with high associated net profit
Ideal husband and wife / family enterprise
Handover period available if required
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
To be completed once ground floor is inspected
STOCK / NEWSPAPER SORTING ROOM
To be completed once ground floor is inspected
LANDING with carpet
Eye and base units, plumbing for washing machine, inset double electric oven, inset electric hob, roller top sink and single drainer, vinyl flooring, extractor hood, spot lighting, radiator heating
13`4 x 10`5 (4.05 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, radiator heating
13`4 x 12`3 (4.05 m x 3.75 m) Carpet, radiator heating, recessed book casing
2 piece bathroom with tiled walls, vinyl floor and radiator heating
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
LANDING with carpet and loft access
9`9 x 13`6 (2.95 m x 4.10 m) Carpet, radiator heating
13`7 x 10`5 (4.15 m x 3.15 m) Carpet, radiator heating
13`6 x 12`4 (4.10 m x 3.75 m) Carpet, radiator heating
OFFICE / POTENTIAL SHOWER ROOM
Carpet, radiator heating
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Appledore is a fishing village situated on the western side of the River Torridge overlooking the Estuary of the Taw & Torridge view and is situated approximately three miles north of Bideford.
The property is located on Market Street, which runs parallel to The Quay. re are mixed residential and commercial operators in the immediate vicinity including Post Office, Public Houses, Galleries, Tea Rooms and Restaurants.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The Grade II Listed property is of three storey construction, under a pitched slate roof, with a return fronted shop unit at the ground floor fitted with counter servery, drinks chiller, newspaper / magazine displays and assorted shelving. To the rear of the shop is a stock / newspaper sorting room. During our clients ownership they have undertaken routine maintenance and improvements to the building including the installation of gas central heating and replacement sash windows. The private accommodation, which has a self contained entrance, consists of three bedrooms, bathroom, toilet, kitchen, lounge, dining room and office all of which is based over two floors.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest. The private accommodation is currently let and producing rental income. The property can be purchased with vacant possession or with the current tenant in situ.
Our husband and wife clients have owned the property since 2006, when they decided to purchase the business as part of a lifestyle change. As a result they have built up a significant trade which includes income from both shop sales and news delivery rounds. Currently 3 foot rounds and 3 mobile delivery rounds are undertaken, all of which are undertaken by staff, with a pool of additional drivers as and when required. Current opening hours are 6.30am – 5.00pm, Monday – Saturday, with Sunday closing at 1pm. The last few years have shown a highly consistent turnover and high associated net profits. Further accountancy information available from the selling Agents. Main lines stocked within the shop include newspapers, magazines, confectionary, cards, stationery and gifts. Other services offered includes lottery, scratch cards and Paypoint. Our clients are happy to provide a training and handover period to new owners.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with a comprehensive inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment, including 3 x mobile news vehicles.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.