Established Music Shop with Nil Ingoing Premium
Within popular pedestrianised area of the Town Centre
Trading 5 days per week, 10am - 4pm
Owner operated with no staffing
Selling CD's, DVD's, vinyl records, musical instruments and licenced merchandise
Freehold sale includes one bedroom flat, currently let
For sale due to pending retirement
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Max width 17`0 (5.20m) Max depth 40`3 (12.25m) Gross internal area 577 sq.ft (54 sq.m) Single fronted unit, counter servery, carpet, strip lighting, assorted shelving, racking and displays
STOCKROOM with shelving
KITCHEN and TOILET with low level w.c., wash hand basin, hot water heater
MEZZANINE STOCKROOM 15`4 x 9`2 (4.65m x 2.80m)
Rear walled garden area.
Street level self contained access leading to hallway
11`7 x 10`8 (3.55m x 3.25m)
16`4 x 10`8 (5.00m x 3.25m)
8`1 x 7`4 (2.45m x 2.25m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Bideford is the administrative centre of the Torridge area and has a static population in the order of 13,000. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon, lies approximately 9 miles to the east, with access along the North Devon Link Road to the M5 at Tiverton. Barnstaple has a static population in the order of 25,000 with a shopping catchment population of 141,000.
The property is situated within the centre of the pedestrianised area known as Mill Street which connects Bridgeland Street and the town's High Street. Mill Street has undergone considerable investment of recent years including mixed residential and commercial development schemes close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of two storey construction under a pitched slate roof, there is a single fronted shop unit at ground floor level with rendered elevations above. The ground floor provides a retail sales area of 577 sq.ft (54 sq.m) and is fitted with a service counter, assorted shelving, wall displays. Further facilities include a rear stockroom, kitchen and toilet facilities plus a mezzanine floor for further storage. The first floor provides a self contained one bedroomed flat which is currently let for £350 pcm.
Our clients are inviting offers for the leasehold interest of their business with the creation of a new lease for the commercial parts at a rent of £7,500 per annum. Alternatively our clients will consider the sale of the entire property to include the business.
The business was originally established by our clients in Wiltshire in 1998 and relocated to Bideford in 2011. Operated by a husband and wife partnership the business operates with no staffing with opening hours being 5 days per week 10am - 4pm. Having over 4,000 titles in store are our clients have an extensive range of CD's and DVD's with an increasing offering of vinyl, as well as back catalogue of titles that they are able to order for customers. Other lines that the business sells includes musical instruments and licenced merchandise. Turnover for the business from 2016 yearend to 2017 yearend saw an increase from £63,000 to £69,000. It is thought the business would be ideal for someone with an interest in music or those that can add an ancillary business to the existing operation such as music tuition etc.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated £30,000 - £40,000.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.