Mobile Fish and Chip Business Trading 15 Hours Per Week
- Operating from 5 town / village locations in and around Bideford
- Trading evenings only 4.30pm-7.30pm summer, 4.00pm – 7.00pm winter
- Fitted trailer with 3 pan fish and chip range plus 4x4 vehicle
- Ideal first business venture with low cost base and overheads
- Turnover £55,000 pa and net profit £21,000 from current trading hours
- Minimal parties and events undertaken
- Suitable to be operated as home enterprise, although storage area currently rent for £70 per month
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
Our clients have operated the business for approximately 7 years ago and currently trade from 5 village / town locations in a around Bideford, North Devon, with frying times between 4.30pm – 7.30pm 5 evenings per week undertaken in summer months and 5 evenings per week in the winter, 4.00pm – 7.00pm. Currently trading days are Tuesday – Saturday. It is thought the business could be expanded with additional trading locations and operating days as well as undertaking more parties, events, weddings etc. The business operates from a fitted Fish and Chip trailer (and 4x4 vehicle) which is equipped with a 3 pan fish and chip range (plus one chip scuttle), double deep fat fryer, Bain Marie, griddle, tea urn, 1 x chest freezer, 3 x fridges and till. Our clients choose to rent some yard space on a local industrial estate at a cost of £70 per month, which includes electric, although new owners may wish to reduce these costs and operate entirely from home. The business is generally operated by one of our husband and wife clients plus a part time member of staff. Turnover for 2020 yearend produced a turnover of circa £55,000 and a net profit of £21,000. Our clients would be able to offer a training period if desired. The business benefits from a 5 star ‘Scores on the Doors’ Hygiene rating. As well as walk up trade the business also operates a phone and collect service.
Our client is inviting offers for the transfer of the business.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated at £500.
The business is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment, including 4x4 vehicle and fitted mobile Fish and Chip trailer.