Lifestyle, Interiors and Gift Business - Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Stockist
- Town Centre premises with highly prominent trading location
- Within redeveloped retail parade adjoining both Belle Vue and Queen Street
- Exclusive supplier of Annie Sloan Chalk Paints
- Many other exclusive suppliers
- Contemporary business capable of being operated by sole trader or partnership venture
- Profitable trade
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Arranged as single fronted retail unit with entrance door, rear stockroom / kitchenette and toilet facilities.
Shop Depth 28`6 (8.70 m)
Internal Width (max) 15`7 (4.75 m)
Gross Internal Area 444 sq.ft 41 sq.m
Specification of the premises includes Karndean flooring, driftwood effect display walling, LED lighting, timed window display lighting, counter servery, air conditioning providing heating and cooling, fire system
Rear stockroom / kitchenette with base units, worktop, stainless steel single drainer sink, under counter water heater, fitted shelving. Toilet facilities with low level w.c., wash hand basin, fitted shelving. Store accessed to the side of the premises.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
For many years Bude has been known as one of Cornwall’s most popular family coastal destinations, thanks to its large sandy beach, visitor accommodation and facilities. As a result the town has a brisk tourist trade, but the area known as Bude-Stratton also has a vibrant living and working community of over 18,000 that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Ongoing growth in the area includes the Binhamy Road housing development, which by 2023 will have added a further 420 houses. Bude-Stratton lies next to the ‘Atlantic Highway’ A39, which runs to Bideford (25 miles) and Barnstaple (34 miles) to the north, and down to Tintagel (19 miles) and Padstow (35 miles) to the south, and carries a regular bus service linking these coastal towns.
The subject property is within Princes Street which adjoins both Belle Vue and Queen Street with national operators close-by including Costa, Lloyds Pharmacy, Boots, Fat Face and Mountain Warehouse.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being within a parade of 4 retail units that were redeveloped and fitted during 2015, the premises occupy a prominent trading location. Providing a trading area of circa 444 sq.ft (41 sq.m) the premises benefits from the following specification:- driftwood effect display walling, Karndean flooring, LED lighting, fire system, air conditioning (heating and cooling), spot lit window lighting with timer, counter servery. To the rear of the premises is a stockroom / kitchenette and toilet facilities as well as a store to the side of the premises.
Our client is inviting offers for the leasehold interest of her business and an assignment of the existing lease.
The business is currently owner operated by our client with current trading hours being 10am - 5pm, 6 days per week, and is only for sale due to the ill health of a family member. Turnover for the last 2 years has been £85,000, with net profits of between £16,000 - £19,000. One particular supplier that brings in 'footfall' is that of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint but the business also stocks from a number of other well known suppliers including Garden Trading, Parkminster Products, Dassie Artisan, Madam Stoltz. The business is probably best described as having an eclectic mix of lifestyle, interiors and gifts. Further income could be derived from the operation of Annie Sloan painting courses, for which training is available.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated at £13,000.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.