Leisure Facility Of 15,700 sq.ft (1,459 sq.m) Comprising Of Ten Pin Bowling, 6 Level Soft Play Area With Scope For Further Activities
- Major leisure facility adjacent to Morrisons, Splash swimming pool, Lidl and Bovis Homes residential development
- Ground floor 15,700 sq.ft (1,459 sq.m) with additional first floor of 7,980 sq.ft (741 sq.m)
- Currently operating as ten pin bowling and soft play area
- Scope to introduce new activities within unused first floor space such as go-karting, rock climbing, trampolines, gymnasium etc
- Catering and bar facilities
- Extensive car parking to front elevation
GIA 133`0 x 118`0 (40.55 m x 35.95 m) incorporating:-
Entrance hallway with reception / customer service desk
TEN PIN BOWLING
10 lane Brunswick 10 pin bowling Qubica electronic scoring system
With return bar servery, amusement games and machines, cellar adjoining
CHILDREN'S SOFT PLAY AREA
6 level Angus Firth Design soft play area, table and chair seating for 60, plus mezzanine seating, 2 - 4 year olds play area and over 5's play area. Toilet facilities and private party room,
Fitted commercial kitchen with extraction system, dry store and freezer room
Providing a GIA of 133`0 x 60`0 (40.50 m x 18.30 m) This area is predominately unused and is currently divided into three principle areas consisting of:-
FORMER GO-KART AREA
Suitable for the introduction of a wide variety of uses and activities
Previously let as a ladies gym
To the front of the premises is an extensive measured car parking area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
PROPERTY MISDESCRIPTIONS ACT 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The property is located on the main arterial road through Bude, on an edge of Town site with other operators close-by including Morrisons Supermarket, Splash swimming pool as well as the recently developed Lidl supermarket. There has also being recent housing development adjacent to the site, undertaken by Bovis Homes.
Bude itself is situated just off the A39 North Cornwall coast road having a static population in the order of 10,000 and is a popular tourist destination. The Town Centre offers a wide variety of retail and catering venues as well as the Bude Canal and Bude & North Cornwall Golf Club. 25 miles from Launceston; 34 miles from Barnstaple; 43 miles from Newquay with its good and expanding Airport service.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The premises is of steel portal frame construction with a feature glazed window within the centre of the front elevation. The remainder of the elevations are predominately profiled steel with brick facing dwarf walls below. Ground floor provides a gross internal area of 15,700 sq.ft (1,459 sq.m) and is currently fitted and equipped offering ten pin bowling, 6 level children's soft play area, lounge bar, amusements, commercial kitchen and welfare facilities. There is further first floor space which is relatively unused and provides further floor area, 7,980 sq.ft (741 sq.m), with scope for go-karting, rock climbing, trampolining, gymnasium etc. Additional areas at first floor level include mezzanine viewing gallery and an area which has previously been let to a gymnasium operator to generate rental income. To the front of the property is an extensive measured car parking area.
Our clients are inviting offers for the long Leasehold interest, original term 125 years with approximately 109 years remaining, at a peppercorn rent from the local authority. Alternatively our clients will consider a business tenancy for the premises.
Having been within the same family ownership for the past 16 years, the business is available due to other business interests outside the leisure sector. Currently operating as a ten pin bowling centre and 6 level children's soft play area the businesses opening hours are currently 9.30am - 11.00pm with a staffing structure and manageress in place. Turnover for the past two years has been between £247,000 and £259,000 with further business figures and accounts available for inspection after viewing. Bowling accounts for approximately 50% of turnover, play area 32% with the remainder derived from catering / bar and amusements. It is thought the business offers considerable scope with the unused first floor suitable for a wide variety of activity uses such as rock climbing, go-karts, trampolining etc.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.