Retirement Sale of Mixed Use Residential and Light Industrial Income Producing Trading Estate, with Further Residential Development Potential
- Overall site extending to 0.82 acres
- 3 x workshops / industrial units, 1 x cafe, currently fully let and income producing
- 2 x Residential conversions of former commercial buildings already undertaken following Planning Consent comprising conversion of former engine house to provide character accommodation of 2-3 bedroomed dwelling and former workshop currently being converted to 2 bedroomed dwelling
- Potential for further residential conversions and development, subject to PP
- Located adjacent to Eggesford Train Station, 45 minutes train service to and from Exeter with every train stopping throughout the day at Eggesford, Bus service at the entrance, adjacent to major A377 cross Devon trunk road
- Of interest to investors and developers alike
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
1,700 sq.ft (158 sq.m) 2 - 3 bedroomed two storey dwelling converted and extended from former engine house and offices. Planning permission granted November 2018 for 'change of use of building from office to a dwelling'. Planning application 18/01161/FULL. Finished to a completed shell with open plan internal accommodation, plumbing and appliances to be completed by new owners preferred configure of the accommodation. Conversion works have included the fitted of hard wood double glazed bi-fold doors and all electrical systems installed to current code specifications. Small rear garden and 2 private car parking spaces.
UNIT 2 - LET (Units 2 and 3 are let under the same tenancy)
634 sq.ft (59 sq.m) Steel portal frame construction with insulated and clad elevations and roof, roller shutter door
UNIT 3 - LET
680 sq.ft (63 sq.m) plus 300 sq.ft (28 sq.m) outside seating terrace. Currently operating as a cafe / restaurant, double glazing, wood burner
UNIT 4 - LET
1,356 sq.ft (126 sq.m) Older concrete block and steel frame construction, 3 x roller shutter doors, profiled elevations and roof
UNIT 5 - LET
1,363 sq.ft (127 sq.m) Modern steel portal frame construction with insulated and clad elevations and roof, 2 x roller shutter doors
1,100 sq.ft (102 sq.m) 2 bedroomed two storey dwelling. Planning permission granted December 2017 for 'conversion of disused former office/workshop/store to dwelling'. Planning application 17/01414/FULL. Rear garden and 1 car parking space. To be finished to first floor truss level, the client would take works further if interested parties preferred with additional works by negotiation.
Separate male and female sectioned toilet block for the use of the commercial tenants and their customers.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
The premises are situated on a small Trading Estate known as Eggesford Station Yard, alongside the busy A377 cross-Devon, Barnstaple to Exeter road, with the site being adjacent to Eggesford Train Station. The train service to Exeter takes approximately 45 minutes with trains running hourly at peak times during the day and every train stopping at Eggesford to and from Exeter and Barnstaple. Bus services also operate from Eggesford.
Extending to approximately 0.82 acres, the site has been utilised for a wide variety of commercial uses and is currently configured with 2 residential buildings, 4 industrial / workshop units including a cafe and a toilet block. All four industrial units are currently let and income producing. The cafe which opened in 2018 trades very successfully bringing increased footfall to the site and acting as an anchor tenancy. In 2017 and 2018 our client achieved planning permissions for the conversion of two former commercial units to create 2 residential dwellings, works of which have been undertaken. One of the properties has been converted from the former engine house and offers a 2 / 3 bedroomed dwelling of considerable character and adaptability. The other former commercial building is in the process of being rebuilt as a 2 bedroom detached house on two floors. There is scope for further immediate development within part of the yard area adjacent to these 2 dwellings as well as the potential for development / conversion of the remaining commercial units and all the unutilised areas of the site if complete residential development of the whole site was sought, subject to planning permission.
Until recently our client has operated his own business from one of the units and is now offering the site for sale due to his pending retirement.
Copy planning consents and plans for the residential dwellings are available from the Agents upon request.
The Freehold interest is offered for sale with the benefit of all the industrial units and the cafe fully let under commercial tenancies. The rent roll can be further increased substantially with the rental of the two residential properties, although new owners may choose to sell these parts immediately if a breakup of the site was preferred. Full details of current rents are available from our offices by request and subject to a confidentiality disclaimer.
Interested parties may wish to discuss potential redevelopment of the site with the Local Authority who are Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, EX16 6PP Tel: (01884) 255255.
Mains water connection to site, mains electricity, private drainage, rain water catchment system on site.
Applicable to the site and payable on the sale.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.