Home Accessory, Furnishing and Gift Business - Annie Sloan Stocklist
- Town Centre premises with highly prominent trading location
- Within redeveloped retail parade adjoining both Belle Vue and Queen Street
- Exclusive supplier of Annie Sloan Chalk Paints
- Many other exclusive suppliers
- Contemporary business capable of being operated by sole trader or partnership venture
The Accomodation (comprises)
Arranged as single fronted retail unit with entrance door, rear stockroom / kitchenette and toilet facilities.
Shop Depth 28`6 (8.70 m)
Internal Width (max) 15`7 (4.75 m)
Gross Internal Area 444 sq.ft 41 sq.m
Specification of the premises includes Karndean flooring, driftwood effect display walling, LED lighting, timed window display lighting, counter servery, air conditioning providing heating and cooling, fire system
Rear stockroom / kitchenette with base units, worktop, stainless steel single drainer sink, under counter water heater, fitted shelving. Toilet facilities with low level w.c., wash hand basin, fitted shelving. Bin store accessed to the side of the premises.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Bude itself is situated just off the A39 North Cornwall coast road. It has a static population in the order of 9,240 and is a popular tourist destination.
The subject property is within Princes Street which adjoins both Belle Vue and Queen Street with national operators close-by including Costa, Lloyds Pharmacy, Boots, Fat Face and Mountain Warehouse.
The Property and Construction
Being within a parade of 4 retail units that were redeveloped and fitted during 2015, the premises occupy a prominent trading location. Providing a trading area of circa 444 sq.ft (41 sq.m) the premises benefits from the following specification:- driftwood effect display walling, Karndean flooring, LED lighting, fire system, air conditioning (heating and cooling), spot lit window lighting with timer, counter servery. To the rear of the premises is a stockroom / kitchenette and toilet facilities as well as a bin store to the side of the premises.
Our client is inviting offers for the leasehold interest of her business and an assignment of the existing 5 year lease (from May 2015), at a current rent of £11,400 per annum. We understand there is a tenants break option at year 3.
Our client operates another business in Braunton, North Devon, as such the business is predominantly operated by 3 part time members of staff with our client undertaking 1 day per week. It is thought the business is ideally suited to a sole operator or partnership venture either of whom would be able to reduce the wage bill considerably. Trading hours are 10am - 5pm 6 days per week with 7 days per week undertaken in the summer months. Turnover for the business for yearend December 2016 was £78,000 with Annie Sloan paint sales accounting for approximately 23%. Sales of other lines include candles, gifts, cards, prints, home accessories with suppliers including Becky Bettesworth, Poppy Treffy, Shoeless Joe, Julia Davey, Katie Luxton and Joma Jewellers. Further income could be derived from the operation of Annie Sloan painting courses, for which training is available.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion, estimated at £10,000.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Our client operates other businesses under the name of Kittiwakes and this would be required to be changed within one month of completion
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.