High Street Retail Premises
- Prominent High Street trading location
- Close to Tesco Express, Halifax and HSBC
- Ground floor retail unit of approximately 1,000 sq.ft (93 sq.m)
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Double fronted shop unit, floor area 980 sq.ft (91 sq.m), patrons toilet, kitchen, staff toilets, rear storage of 80 sq.ft (7 sq.m)
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geographically, Barnstaple sits on the banks of the River Taw near the North Devon coastline. The area enjoys a unique topography with an extensive sandy beach coastline and close proximity to Exmoor National Park. Barnstaple has expanded from its market town origins, to become the area's Regional Centre. Several national house builders are completing residential developments within the town and its suburbs. Commercially the town contains many of the major national retailers and several edge of town developments have been completed. The sustained wealth and growth of the area has been enhanced following the building of the A361 linking North Devon to the M5 at Tiverton. The road network has been further enhanced by the construction of the downstream bridge at an estimated cost of £40m.
The subject property is situated within the High Street close to the junction for Boutport Street. There are assorted retail, office and leisure users in the immediate vicinity including Tesco Express, HSBC, Halifax, Fat Face, Reiker as well as strong independent retailers.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
107 High Street comprises a mid-terrace early 19th century period building with accommodation on 3 floors that was originally a dwelling. The ground floor has been arranged as a shop premises for many years and has most recently been occupied as a bookmakers. The upper floors have not been occupied for many years and are effectively disused. The building is of traditional construction for its period with rendered masonry elevations supporting a pitched natural slate covered main roof. Rear sections of the building could not be seen but are believed to be in fairly poor condition.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest, alternatively our clients would consider rental of the ground floor which would involve the installation of a new shop front to create a self contained entrance to the upper parts.
Planning permission was granted in July 2018 for the conversion of the upper floors to two residential units and an office suite, application number 65108, along with Listed Building Consent application 65109. Copy permissions and plans are available from the Selling Agents.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
The property is Grade II Listed, as such an Energy Performance Certificate is not required.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.