Town Centre Hairdressers and Beauty Premises
- Currently configured as a ground floor hairdressers and first floor beauty rooms, although suitable for a wide variety of uses
- 3-4 cutting stations ground floor, 3 wash stations
- 2 first floor beauty rooms and stockroom
- Town Centre location close to Pannier Market and High Street
- Eligible for 100% small business rates relief
- Trade inventory available by separate negotiation if desired
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
18`4 x 16`0 (5.60m x 4.85m) Single fronted premises, entrance lobby, 3 cuttings stations (space for a 4th), 1 front wash basin, 2 x back wash basins, LED lighting, vinyl flooring, CCTV, reception desk, electric heating, arm hood dryer, 2 x static hood dryers. STAFF ROOM with eye and base units, worktop, stainless steel single drainer sink, washing machine
Landing with carpet
BEAUTY / CUTTINGF ROOM
9`2 x 8`8 (2.80m x 2.65m) Back wash, emersion heater, 2 cutting stations, double glazing, vinyl flooring, electric heating
BEAUTY / CUTTING ROOM
10`2 x 9`7 (3.10m x 2.90m) Back wash, base unit, wash hand basin, electric heating
Eye and base units, worktop, vinyl flooring, tumble dryer
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
With over 40,000 inhabitants including nearby villages, Barnstaple is a thriving town near to beautiful beaches and countryside, and the centre of North Devon in commerce, culture, education and service provision. It has a wide variety of businesses attracting tourists and permanent residents year-round, including a vibrant and diverse collection of bars and restaurants for evening footfall. Barnstaple is easily reached via the A361 which leads to the M5 at Junction 27, has a station with hourly trains to Exeter at peak times, and Exeter airport is an hour away. The town is rapidly expanding with several new housing and commercial developments currently underway, and more than 5,000 new houses and further economic development planned for the near future. The notable towns of Bideford (9 miles), Woolacombe (14 miles), Ilfracombe (12 miles), South Molton (12 miles) and Torrington (14 miles) are also nearby.
The premises is situated on Market Street, between Pannier Market and Joy Street, both of which connect to the town's High Street and Boutport Street. There are an assortment of mixed retail, office and leisure users within close proximity including TSB Bank, Clinton Cards, Costa, JD Sports as well as Banbury’s Department Store. The entrance to both Green Lanes Shopping Centre and its Multi Storey car park are also close by.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Being of two storey construction with a single fronted shop premises at ground floor level currently configured as a hairdressers with 3-4 cutting stations and 3 wash basins. The first floor provides 2 beauty rooms or further cutting rooms as well as a stockroom.
The premises are available by way of a new lease.
We are verbally advised by the Local Rating Authority that the premises are currently assessed as follows:- Rateable Value (2017 Listing): £7,200 Rates Payable: £3,470 based on uniformed business rate of 48.2p in the pound. As from April 2017 properties with a rateable value of £12,000 or less will be eligible to apply for 100% business rates relief. Occupiers are advised to make their own enquiries of North Devon District Council.
THE INVENTORY AND STAFF
The current Tenant is soon to be retiring, as such the trade fixtures and fittings are available by separate negotiation, likewise if an interested party wished to retain the current staff this may also be a possibility.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.