Elevated Location 10 Bedroomed Gentleman's Residence Overlooking Lynmouth Bay and Lynton Village
- Extensive Victorian property with far reaching coastal and countryside views
- 10 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms and kitchen
- Many period features including quarry tiled floors, fire places, stained glass windows
- Considerable work undertaken during owners 18 year ownership including new roof with recent improvements including new kitchen, fascias, windows
- Most recently operated as a large holiday letting house but suitable as B&B, private dwelling etc
- Set within 0.5 acres of grounds, consisting of woodland, patio and lawned areas
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Fitted in 2017, central island, eye and base units, worktops, tiled floors, countryside and sea views, 2 x dishwashers, fridge, fridge / freezer, range cooker, induction hob, 2 x electric double ovens, stainless steel single drainer sink
20`0 x 15`5 (6.10 m x 4.70 m) Carpet, LED down lighters
23`4 x 15`1 (7.10m 4.60m) Bay window, balcony, window seat, fire place with tiled hearth, wood fire surround, wrought iron fireplace, coastal and countryside views, radiator
23`7 x 15`5 (7.20m x 4.70m) Balcony, picture rail, radiator, multi-fuel burner, tiled hearth and surround, coastal and countryside views
Landing with carpet
13`11 x 9`0 (4.25m x 2.75m) Twin, carpet, radiator, 3 piece shower room
15`6 x 11`3 (4.70m x 3.40m) Double, balcony, garden view, carpet, radiator, 3 piece shower room
Rear ground level entrance porch with stained glass windows and quarry tiled floor. Mid landing with quarry tiled floor, light well.
13`4 x 11`6 (4.05m x 3.50m) Double, carpet, balcony, radiator, 3 piece shower room
16`7 x 16`1 (5.05m 4.90m) Double, coastal views, balcony, carpet, radiator
15`5 x 9`11 (4.70m x 3.00m) Carpet, fireplace, radiator, wash hand basin, shower, balcony, coastal views
15`7 x 11`7 (4.75m x 3.55m) Double, coastal views, carpet, bay window, radiator, 3 piece bathroom with shower over
9`9 x 9`7 (2.95m x 2.90m) Twin, radiator, carpet, 3 piece bathroom
Low level w.c.
Landing with carpet and linen store
14`4 x 9`2 (4.35m x 2.80m) Double, carpet, radiator, double glazing, 3 piece shower room
22`1 x 13`7 6.75m 4.15m) Family room, double glazing, fireplace, 3 piece shower room
Twin, carpet, window seat, radiator, wash hand basin
The property is accessed via a footpath from Castle Hill car park which leads to the front of the house. There is also a second footpath from Lynway (as well as a private car parking space) which leads to the second floor entrance porch access. Set within 0.5 acres the majority of the land is woodland with walks for guests. There are a number of level areas including 2 patios, one with electric owning as well as a flat lawned garden area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Situated in an elevated position enjoying views over the village, the surrounding Exmoor coastline and the sea, towards the Bristol Channel and the South Wales coastline. The property is ideally situated to explore Exmoor National Park, which is renowned for its moors and pastureland, with streams and rivers running down through deep wooded coombes and valleys to spectacular cliffs along the North Devon coastline.
The village of Lynton is twinned with the pretty village of Lynmouth, which offers a good range of everyday amenities, whilst the larger town of Ilfracombe and the regional centre of Barnstaple offer a complete range of amenities and leisure pursuits. The local area offers excellent walks, numerous riding opportunities, as well as coves and beaches, ranging from small sheltered locations such as Lee and Woody Bay, to the world renowned surfing beaches of Woolacombe, Putsborough and Croyde. There is also a choice of golf courses in the area, the closest being at Ilfracombe or Minehead.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Located in an elevated position, the property enjoys views across Lynton village, the countryside and Lynmouth Bay. The property is thought to have been constructed in the late Victorian era as a Gentleman's residence and was operated as a hotel for a number of years. For the past 16 years our client has offered the property as a large self catering house but it is thought new owners could utilise the property to suit their individual needs. Our client has undertaken regular maintenance and improvements to the property including a new roof, patio seating area with electric owning and stainless steel balustrading, removal of chimney and in the past 12 months has fitted a new kitchen, replaced the dining room ceiling, external decoration and replacement windows and fascias.
The property is currently configured as 10 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms and kitchen with many of the rooms benefiting from countryside or coastal views as well as balconies. Many original period features remain within the property including quarry tile flooring, fireplaces, ceiling coving, stained glass windows as well as many of the rooms having lofty proportions typical of Victorian properties. The property can be accessed in two ways, one via a footpath from the Castle Hill car park and the second to the rear from Lynway, where there is also a car parking space. The grounds extend to 0.5 acres and offer woodland walks as well as a number of patio seating areas and a flat lawned garden area.
The electric radiator heating system is controlled by Hive heating control.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The property has most recently been utilised for holiday rental by the current owner for the past 16 years, prior to this it was operated as a hotel. Last year the holiday rental income was £102,000 gross.
The property is sold with a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.