Highly Refurbished 6 / 7 Bedroomed Bed & Breakfast, with Private Owners Accommodation, Gardens and Car Parking
- Currently operating as 5 refurbished en-suite letting bedrooms / suites
- Trading B&B only, husband and wife operated with no staffing
- Owners 1 / 2 bedroomed accommodation with private lounge
- Front and rear gardens
- Private car parking to rear
- 5 star Trip Advisor rating and 4 star Visit England Silver award
- Exmoor village location close to Tourist Information and Cliff Railway
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Guests entrance porch leading to :-
Hallway with laminate flooring, picture rail
Bay window with inset seat, electric flame effect fire, laminate flooring, table and chair seating for 12 covers
Laminate flooring, radiator heating, electric flame effect fire
5 burner induction hob with double oven, warming cupboard and grill, extractor, double glazing, vented kickboard heating, eye and base units, worktops
Wash hand basin, sink unit, dishwasher, plumbing for washing machine and space for tumble dryer
OWNERS PRIVATE LOUNGE
Laminate flooring, radiator heating, secondary glazing with adjoining store (with partition wall which could be removed to incorporate further lounge space)
Wash hand basin with separate toilet with low level w.c.
Twin bedroom carpet, radiator heating, en-suite shower room with shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
Family room with double bed and separate room with single bed, carpet, radiator heating, bay window, views of Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill, en-suite shower room with shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
Landing with carpet, water tank and linen cupboard
Door to PRIVATE QUARTERS
Hallway with carpet
Radiator heating, secondary glazing, carpet
Currently used as store, wood flooring
Vinyl flooring, bath, wash hand basin, low level w.c., radiator heating
Family room with double bed and separate room with single bed, carpet, radiator heating, double glazing, views of Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill, en-suite shower room with electric shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
Double, radiator heating, carpet, double glazing, en-suite shower room with electric shower, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
Double, dual aspect, double glazing, carpet, radiator heating, en-suite bathroom with bath and shower attachment over, wash hand basin, low level w.c.
All letting bedrooms have a hair dryer, hospitality tray with tea and coffee making facilities, fan, information book including wi-fi code.
To the front of the property is an attractive garden area with patio seating area and floral borders. To the rear of the property is a terraced garden with 2 patio seating areas and two lean to stores / workshops. Beyond the garden is a private car park with parking for 4 vehicles. Our clients also rent a car parking space in a nearby car park for £80 per annum.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
South View occupies an elevated position on Lee Road which is considered to be the prime area of Lynton. There are a host of facilities and amenities, a level walk, within the immediate vicinity including restaurants, bars, tea rooms, shops, Pharmacy and Post Office with the premises also being close to the Tourist Information Office and the famous funicular railway. The Valley of Rocks, South West Coast Path, Exmoor and North Devon coast are nearby, offering spectacular scenery and beautiful walks, with the property itself having views towards Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property was original constructed in the Edwardian era in 1905 with the main building being of three storey stone construction under a pitched slate roof. In more recent times a two storey extension was added to the rear of the property which houses the kitchen, owners lounge and two bedroomed owners accommodation. The premises is currently configured as 5 en-suite letting bedrooms with 1 / 2 bedroomed owners accommodation and private lounge. Considerable upgrading and refurbishment has been undertaken by our clients including refurbishment of windows, replacement guttering and fascias, stonework repointed, installation of central heating, new fire alarm system, refurbishment of letting bedrooms, new bedroom furniture, replacement bathroom suites, flooring as well as replacement of owners bathroom and shower room. As well as high quality accommodation the guests also benefit from a front facing breakfast room with bay window as well as a guests lounge. To the front of the property is a garden area with guest seating and to the rear an owners private terraced garden with 2 seating areas. Beyond the garden is private car park providing circa 4 spaces.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Currently operated by our husband and wife clients with no staffing, the business is for sale due to their pending retirement. Given the standard of accommodation on offer the business has achieved a 5 star Trip Advisor rating as well as a Visit England 4 star Silver award. Operating as a B&B only the business generated a turnover of £51,500 for yearend June 2019, with an expected net profit in excess of £30,000. As well as trade coming from online sources such as Booking.com, Trivago and our clients own website, they are also listed with two South West Coastal Footpath holiday agents, with the premises being well positioned in the village for passing trade.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.