Exmoor Hotel Occupying an Enviable Location Overlooking Lynmouth Bay
- Unique trading location
- Coastal views from all public rooms and 11 en-suite letting bedrooms
- 2 bedroomed penthouse suite utilised for holiday letting purposes
- Owners ground floor one bedroomed flat
- Recently installed balcony leading from breakfast / dining room with views over Lynmouth Bay
- Currently operating B&B only but suitable for hotel and restaurant trade
- On site car parking and footpath to Lynton and Lynmouth funicular railway
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Carpeted entrance hallway
Fire place with electric fire, ceiling coving and dado rail
Often utilised by those on walking holidays
With reception desk
DINING ROOM COVERS 22 / BREAKFAST COVERS 16
Dining room with bar servery, doors to balcony, ceiling coving, dado rail, window shutters, electric radiator with adjoining breakfast room covers for 16, triple aspect windows, access to balcony, window shutters
STILL ROOM / POTENTIAL SECOND KITCHEN
Currently used for tea, coffee, toast, washing up
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Aga, electric cooker and hob, single deep fat fryer, double sink unit, eye and base units, coastal views, adjoining freezer store and pantry.
Washing machine tumble dryer, adjoining boiler room with boiler (providing radiator heating for ground floor) and water tank.
Carpeted landing with housekeeping, linen cupboard, fire escape
Twin room, coastal views, carpet, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
Double room, dual aspect, coastal views, carpet, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite
Single room, coastal views, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
Double / twin room with 'Zip and Link' bed, coastal views, carpet, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Family suite, triple aspect lounge area, coastal views, electric radiator. Double room with king size bed, walk in wardrobe, carpet, coastal views, additional bedroom with double bed, bunk, electric radiator. 3 piece shower room with corner shower
Carpeted landing, linen cupboard, rear fire escape to private footpath
Family room with double bedroom, twin bedroom, carpet, coastal views, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
Family room with double bed and twin room, dual aspect, coastal views, electric radiator, 3 piece shower room
Double room, coastal views, carpet, electric radiator, 3 piece bathroom
Double room, separate bunk room, coastal views, carpet, electric heating, 3 piece bathroom
Family room with double bed, single bed, coastal views, carpet, electric heating, 3 piece shower room
Double room, coastal views, carpet, electric radiator, 3 piece shower room
Penthouse - refurbished in 2017 with holiday letting commenced in 2018. Comprising of lounge / kitchen / diner with base units, work surfaces, electric cooker and hob, freezer, fridge, vinyl and carpeted flooring. Double bedroom with carpet, coastal views, dressing room, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite shower room. Second Double bedroom with carpet, coastal views, electric radiator, 3 piece en-suite shower room.
Located on lower ground floor with street level access and owners private car parking to front (3 spaces). Consisting of lounge, bedroom, kitchen, toilet and shower room.
The property is approached from a driveway giving access to the hotels private car park (approximately 10 spaces) which offers guests panoramic coastal views as soon as they arrive. The majority of the land is to the rear of the hotel and is utilised as amenity land as well as a footpath with direct access to the Lynton and Lynmouth funicular railway.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Lynton and Lynmouth have a static population of 1,658, but benefit from the considerable holiday trade in the area. The regional centre of Barnstaple is approximately 25 miles. Access to the M5 via Junction 27 at Tiverton is approx. 35 miles distant. The property is the located on North Walk, accessed from the Village Centre, which provides an enviable elevated position seaward facing looking towards Lynmouth Bay, the Welsh coast, Countisbury Hill and also looking into the V-shaped Lyn Valley.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is of five storey construction with split level ground and lower ground floors, both offering street level access. Having been redecorated in 2017 the property has rendered elevations to the front and side with a rear tile hung elevation. The majority of the roofs are pitched slate with 3 areas of flat roofing having been replaced with a fibreglass covering in the past 3 years. Comprising of 11 en-suite letting bedrooms / suites all enjoy views over Lynmouth Bay as well as the penthouse suite on the third floor which was refurbished for holiday letting in 2017. Other works undertaken in 2017 was that of the installation of a feature decking area to the front of the property consisting of composite decking with stainless steel handrail and glass screening. The balcony leads directly off the dining / breakfast room, making it ideal for teas, coffee, pre dinner drinks, cocktails, cream teas etc. At lower ground floor level is a one bedroomed owners flat with private parking, lounge and kitchen facilities. To the side of the property is a private car park for approximately 10 vehicles with land extending to the rear of the property by way of a private footpath to the Lynton and Lynmouth funicular railway. The railway, which attracts thousands of holiday makers each year, is located adjacent to the property.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been owner operated by our client for the past 15 years the property is available due to pending retirement. At present the business is operated 8 months of the year on a B&B basis only, although our client has offered evening meals in the past. New owners may wish to reintroduce evening meals or offer full restaurant service so customers can take advantage of the views available from the restaurant and adjoining balcony area. The business is currently VAT registered with an additional £20,000 expected to be derived from the letting of the two bedroom penthouse suite which commenced letting during 2018. A house keeper is employed to undertake approximately 25 hours per week with two casual staff also employed to undertake ironing and table waiting services during busy periods.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with the benefit of a Premises Licence.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.