Edwardian Guest House with Coastal and Countryside Views, Owners Accommodation, Parking & Gardens
- 5 / 6 en-suite letting bedrooms
- Husband and wife operated Bed and Breakfast
- Separate owners accommodation comprising of en-suite bedroom and lounge
- Parking for 3 vehicles
- On main arterial road leading to village centre, beach and bay
- Terraced gardens with balcony and decked seating areas
- Footpath access to South West Coastal Path and village beach
- Suitable for holiday letting or residential dwelling, subject to PP
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Side entrance door leading to hallway with quarry tiled floor
RESIDENTS LOUNGE / BAR
14`1 x 11`10 (4.30m x 3.60m) Oak panelled bar servery, fireplace with wooden surround and gas coal effect fire. Full height bay window with French doors leading to:-
Sea and countryside views, furnished with table and chairs for guests
14'8 x 11`10 (4.45m x 3.60m) Table and chairs covers for 12 covers, feature wood panelling, picture rail, ceiling coving. Doors to veranda with sea and countryside views
Washing machine and tumble dryer
Eye and base units, island servery, grill, 7 burner gas cooker and 4 compartment electric oven, tiled splash back, stainless steel single drainer sink, dishwasher, stainless steel wash hnad basin, microwaves, fridges, freezers. Staircase from kitchen down to lower ground floor and private accommodation.
Staircase from hall to :-
Landing with carpet and cleaning cupboard
14`0 x 9`8 (4.25m x 2.95m) Double Room with bay window having sea and countryside views, carpet, radiator heating, en-suite 3 piece shower room
13`10 x 10`1 (4.20m x 3.05m) Double room, carpet, radiator heating, countryside and sea views, connecting door to:-
BEDROOM / LOUNGE
Currently utilised in connection with bedroom 3 as a family suite. 14`3 x 10`8 (4.35m x 3.25m), en-suite 3 piece shower room
11`8 x 11`0 (3.55m x 3.35m) Double room, countryside and sea views, carpet, radiator heating, en-suite 3 piece shower room
14`2 x 11`10 (4.30m x 3.60m) Twin room, countryside and sea views, carpet, radiator heating, en-suite 3 piece shower room
11`9 x 11`2 (3.60m x 3.40m) Double room, carpet, radiator heating, en-suite 3 piece shower room
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
30`0 x 10`3 (9.15m x 3.10m) Dual aspect overlooking garden, carpet, radiator heating, separate entrance to garden
16’2 x 9’11 (4.90m x 3.00m) Carpet, radiator heating, en-suite 3 piece shower room area at one end
Sun deck and decked terraced gardens with established shrubs, flowers and trees. Path leading to coastal path and beach. To the side is car parking area to accommodate 3 cars. External storage beneath car parking area.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: email@example.com
Combe Martin has a population in the order of 2,500 and is situated approximately 4 miles to the east of Ilfracombe. Barnstaple, the sub-regional centre of North Devon is situated approximately 14 miles to the south.
The subject property is well situated to attract passing trade. The area known as The Woodlands is within the main arterial road leading to the beach and bay of Combe Martin and provides guests with close proximity to the village centre with facilities including Public Houses, shops, restaurants and Post Office.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property is believed to be of Edwardian origins (1907) with part tiled elevations beneath a pitched and slated roof. Comprising of four stories, the ground floor consists of guest lounge bar, breakfast room and fitted kitchen, with an internal staircase down to the private owners accommodation which offers an en-suite double bedroom and dual aspect lounge which overlooks the garden and further beyond to the countryside. There are 5 / 6 en-suite letting rooms which are arranged over the first and second floors, with one currently configured as a two bedroomed family suite. The majority of the letting bedrooms have countryside and coastal views. To the rear of the property is a veranda with far reaching views as well as landscaped terraced gardens which offer several decked seating areas. Beyond the garden is a stream boundary and a footpath that leads towards the beach. There is onsite parking for 3 vehicles to the side of the property.
Mellstock House is currently owned by a husband and wife partnership, although one of the partnership is in full time employment thus the day to day operation is undertaken by one of the owners with a part time housekeeper employed. Predominantly operating March - October, turnover for 2017 yearend was £51,500. Previously our clients have traded a longer season and offered optional evening meal, during which time they achieved a turnover of £62,000. The business is sold with the website www.melstockhouse.co.uk which has an online booking system. Trade is derived from a wide variety of sources including holiday makers, customers visiting relatives in the local area and walkers, given it proximity to the South West Coastal footpath.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
The property enjoys a Premises Licence.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.
Payable, if applicable, at the prevailing rate.