Highly Refurbished 7/8 Bedroomed Bed & Breakfast, with Self Contained Owners Annexe and Car Parking
- 7/8 refurbished en-suite letting bedrooms, 2 with balconies
- Self contained one bedroomed owners annexe, lounge with wood burner, dining room / office, private patio and garden
- Guest breakfast room with feature bay window, second guests breakfast room / lounge
- Private car parking to front and rear
- 5 star Trip Advisor rating
- Considerable refurbishment work undertaken in recent years
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Reception hallway with mosaic tiled floor, under stairs store
16`6 x 12`5 (5.00m x 3.80m) Bay window, carpet, fireplace with wood surround and slate hearth, picture rail and ceiling coving, ceiling rose, radiator heating, table and chair seating for up to 12 covers
GUESTS LOUNGE / SECOND BREAKFAST ROOM
Fireplace with marble effect surround, inset electric fire, ceiling rose and cornicing, radiator heating, carpet, doors leading to guest patio area
4 hob induction cooker, dishwasher, 3 x fridges, eye and base units, worktops, extractor, stainless steel single drainer sink, double glazing, vinyl flooring, radiator heating, fire system, central island, rear entrance
OWNERS DINING ROOM / OFFICE
19`8 x 10`10 (6.00m x 3.30m) Radiator heating, carpet, picture rail and ceiling coving, fire alarm system
Side hallway with separate entrance to owners accommodation
15`0 x 13`9 (4.55m x 4.20m) 2 x Velux windows, multi fuel burner with slate hearth, carpet, double glazing, radiator heating
18`5 x 13`9 (5.60m x 4.20m) Carpet, double glazing, radiator heating, fitted wardrobes, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with low level w.c., wash hand basin, bath with shower over
Landing with carpet, storage cupboard
King size double, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, dado rail, ceiling rose, balcony with seating, 3 piece en-suite bathroom
14`10 x 10`9 (4.50m x 3.25m) Kingsize, carpet, radiator heating, balcony seating area, vanity unit, 2 piece shower room
13`3 x 11`6 (4.05m x 3.50m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, picture rail, 3 piece en-suite shower room
12`2 x 11`5 (3.70m x 3.45m) Super king / twin, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Landing with carpet, Velux window, airing cupboard with 300 litre water tank
17`4 x 10`9 (5.30m x 3.25m) Super king / twin, beamed ceiling with roof turret, down lighters, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13`3 x 10`10 (4.05m x 3.30m) Currently storage but formerly a double bedroom, radiator heating, carpet, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13`6 x 10`3 (4.10m x 3.10m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, down lighters, garden view, 3 piece en-suite shower room
15`1 x 10`11 (4.60m x 3.30m) Double, carpet, radiator heating, garden view, 3 piece en-suite shower room
Unusually for property on Lee Road there is car parking to the front of the property for 3 vehicles with 3 further spaces to the rear. Accessed from the guest lounge / second breakfast room is a guest patio area which is surrounded by established flowers and shrubs. At the side of the property is an owners garage / workshop and adjoining this is a laundry room with 2 x tumble dryers and 1 x semi professional washing machine. The owners not only have their own private patio area but also a private garden area which is predominately laid to lawn with some established bushes and trees.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
Southcliffe occupies an elevated position on Lee Road, being the main arterial road through the village and close to a host of facilities and amenities being a short level walk away including restaurants, bars, tea rooms, shops, Pharmacy and Post Office with the premises also being close to the Tourist Information Office and the famous funicular railway. The Valley of Rocks, South West Coast Path, Exmoor and North Devon coast are nearby, offering spectacular scenery and beautiful walks, with the property itself having views towards Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
Having originally been constructed in the Victorian era, the main building is of three storey construction under a pitched slate roof with a feature slate 'pepper pot' turret. There is brick facing to all elevations with a single storey extension to the rear which provides a self contained one bedroomed owners annexe and lounge. The guests accommodation comprises 7/8 en-suite letting bedrooms, guest breakfast room with feature bay window and guest lounge / second breakfast room. There are many period features throughout the property including mosaic tiled hallway flooring, fireplaces, picture rails, ceiling cornicing and balconies with feature balustrade. The property has been subject to considerable refurbishment in the recent years with works including bedroom and en-suite refurbishments, balcony replacement, installation of a pressurised water system, new electrics, new furniture, new boiler, chimney rebuild, retaining wall with the property having been decorated externally in 2019. Unusually for property in Lee Road there is car parking to the front as well as the rear with a guests seating area to the front leading from the guest lounge. Beyond the front car park is an owners garage / workshop, private patio and garden.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest of this Grade II Listed property.
The business is currently operated by a husband and wife partnership trading through choice between March through to October, with no staffing employed. Turnover for the last 3 years has been approximately £70,000, on a Bed and Breakfast basis only, with an adjusted net profit of approximately £40,000 even with 'one off' repairs and maintenance undertaken. The majority of trade comes from online sources such as Booking.com, our clients own website, and repeat trade with a minimum stay policy of 2 nights. Our clients would be happy to provide a handover / training period should interested parties desire.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.