Character Thatched Exmoor Bed & Breakfast With Adjoining Holiday Cottage And Gardens
- Character B&B within popular Somerset village
- Character Grade II Listed property
- Adaptable accommodation currently configured as 4 en-suite letting bedrooms (one family suite), 6 bedrooms in total
- Refurbished kitchen, breakfast room, lounge, private lounge, private dining room
- Cottage gardens and courtyard
- One bedroom cottage adjoining, currently used for holiday letting income
- Many original features including leaded windows, original fireplaces, exposed beams and stonework
The Accommodation (comprises)
Main Entrance leading to hallway with carpet and radiator heating.
20`4 x 15`3 (6.20 m x 4.65 m) Bay window overlooking gardens, recessed log burner within stone fireplace with exposed wood lintel over, carpet, radiator heating.
13`1 x 12`6 (4.00 m x 3.80 m) Parquet flooring, fireplace with electric fire, slate hearth, double doors to garden, radiator heating.
Low level w.c., wash hand basin.
Entrance to patio garden.
19`1 x 14`8 (5.80 m x 4.45 m) Bay window overlooking courtyard, covers for 12, feature fireplace, down lighters, radiator heating, parquet flooring.
Installed in 2015, eye and base units, recessed Aga cooking range, tiled splash back, vinyl flooring, sink unit, electric hob, double oven, extractor fan.
Boiler, rear entrance, 2 x fridge / freezers
Owners Second Lounge / Dining Room
12`11 x 10 (3.95 x 3.05 m) Feature fireplace with brick surround, vinyl flooring, radiator heating and entrance onto rear courtyard car parking.
10`9 x 9`9 (3.25 m x 2.95 m) Carpet, radiator heating, overlooking courtyard.
Shower / Laundry Room
3 piece shower room with 2 x washing machines and tumble dryer.
Landing with carpet and laundry cupboard.
16`10 x 9`11 (5.15 m x 3.05 m) Family room, garden and courtyard views, carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and heated towel rail.
Dunster - Currently Used As Owners Bedroom
13`0 x 10`9 (3.95 m x 3.25 m) Carpet, radiator heating, wardrobe.
For the sole use of Dunster. 3 piece bathroom with shower over bath, tiled walls, airing cupboard.
14`2 x 13`9 (4.30 m x 4.20 m) Carpet, radiator heating, 3 piece en-suite shower room.
12`11 x 12`8 (3.95 m x 3.85 m) Carpet, radiator heating, feature fireplace, 3 piece bathroom with shower over, tiled walls, heated towel rail.
16`4 x 12`2 (5.00 m x 3.70 m) Dual aspect, window seat, radiator heating, wardrobe, adjoining single bedroom and 3 piece en-suite bathroom with shower over bath and heated towel rail.
To the front of the property is a hedged garden predominately laid to lawn with borders stocked with shrubs, plants and trees and a feature circular herb garden. There is a seating area under the thatched veranda and a gated fence which leads to the central paved courtyard.
Open Plan Living Area
28`11 x 9`9 (8.80 m x 2.95 m) Lounge / kitchen / diner with eye and base units, stainless steel single drainer sink, Velux window, part vinyl part carpeted flooring, radiator heating, electric fire.
FIRST FLOOR First Floor
Landing with carpet, radiator heating.
15`1 x 10`0 (4.60 m x 3.05 m) Carpet, radiator heating.
3 piece bathroom, vinyl floor.
To the front of vine cottage is a cobbled courtyard with parking for 2 vehicles, there is also access to the main house from the courtyard into the owners second lounge / dining room.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
1. The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
1. All measurements are approximate.
2. While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the joint sole selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minehead 6 miles. Set within the hills of Exmoor, Porlock lies to the north with many areas overlooking the Bristol Channel. It is a traditional village with wide variety of shops, cafes, hotels and restaurants.
The Situation And Directions
The property is situated just off the High Street, which is the main arterial road running through the village and is close to the main village car park. To the side of the car park is sign posting to "Doverhay", the property is located approximately 50 yards along this road on the right hand side.
The Property And Construction
Being a 17th Century Grade II Listed chocolate box cottage currently being operated as a character Bed & Breakfast. The property has been sympathetically improved by our clients over the past 7 years with many period features retained including exposed beams and stonework, lead windows, open fireplaces and cobbled courtyard. More modern day improvements to the property include secondary glazing, central heating and in 2015 the refurbishment of the kitchen. The property offers 6 bedrooms (4 en-suite) with 3 / 4 of these bedrooms used as letting accommodation with two bedrooms utilised for owners use. Further owners accommodation includes private lounge, second lounge / dining room and two private bathrooms. Many of the reception rooms and bedrooms overlook either the garden or central courtyard. Dependent on owners requirements the size of the accommodation is such that it can be adapted to suit their needs. Adjoining the main building is a former stable building which has been converted to provide a one bedroomed holiday cottage. Outside there is a hedged garden with feature circular herb garden, veranda seating under the thatched roof, brick paved central courtyard and rear cobbled courtyard with car parking for 2 vehicles. Our clients currently rent 2 additional spaces in Doverhay car park close-by.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
Having been in the same husband and wife ownership for the past 7 years the business offers Bed & Breakfast in the main house with breakfast being an optional extra for the holiday cottage. The business has a 5 star Trip Advisor rating and enjoys many repeat guests, accountancy information is available upon request. Marketing is undertaken via the businesses own website, which has an online booking system, as well as other internet based booking websites.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with a detailed inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
Energy Performance Certificate
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.