Modern 7/8 Bedroomed Bed & Breakfast with Car Parking and Garden
- Currently operating 6 en-suite letting bedrooms plus 1-2 bed owners suite
- 2 letting bedrooms with direct garden access and wet rooms
- Guest breakfast room, kitchen, owners lounge with adjoining raised decked area, suitable for conservatory extension, subject to PP
- Car parking and garden
- Currently operated by sole owner but suitable for partnership operation
- Recent works including new bathroom suite and 2 x wet room suites
THE ACCOMMODATION (comprises)
Reception hallway with double glazed entrance door, carpet, 2 x store cupboards
Low level w.c., wash hand basin
19`4 x 12`9 (5.90m x 3.90m) Covers for 16, potential for 20, double glazing with window shutters, stone fireplace and surround with electric fire, radiator heating, stairs to:-
12`9 x 9`9 (3.90m x 2.95m) Carpet, double glazed patio doors
Gas oven, extractor fan, hotplate, eye and base units, worktop, microwave, dual aspect double glazing, stainless steel single drainer sink
Landing with carpet, linen cupboard, supplies cupboard with CCTV and tumble dryer
13`4 x 12`9 (4.05m x 3.90m) Triple room, double glazing, carpet, radiator, feature wallpaper, 3 piece en-suite shower room
13`9 x 12`9 (4.20m x 3.90m) Triple room, double glazing, garden views, carpet, radiator, 3 piece shower room with large shower tray
Landing with carpet
15`5 max x 8`9 (4.70m x 2.65m) Double room, carpet, radiator, double glazing, 3 piece en-suite shower room with large shower tray
11`0 x 10`0 (3.35m x 3.05m) King double room, carpet, radiator heating, feature wallpaper, double glazing, 3 piece en-suite bathroom installed in 2021 with shower over, Velux window
LOWER GROUND FLOOR
Landing with carpet and utility storage with 2 x washing machines and 1 x tumble dryer
10’9 x 9`8 (4.05m x 3.90m) King double room, double glazing, carpet, radiator, double glazed door to garden, 3 piece en-suite wet room. Renovated and refurbished in 2019.
Triple room, double glazing, carpet, radiator, double glazed door to garden, 3 piece en-suite wet room. Renovated and refurbished in 2019.
OWNERS BEDROOM 1
15`0 x 12`4 (4.55m x 3.75m) Double glazing, carpet, radiator, 3 piece en-suite shower room
OWNERS BEDROOM 2 / OFFICE
10`10 x 7`5 (3.30m x 2.30m) Carpet, radiator, double glazing
To the side of the property is on site private car parking for 5 vehicles, with parking in the village being at a premium. The garden is predominantly laid to lawn with an adjoining decked area for guests. Our client utilises a raised decked area which leads from the owners lounge for her personal outside space. It should be noted there is an electrical substation at the end of the car park area which utilities companies have a right of way to access.
Having been in the trade for many years we have established good connections in the finance sector. Our association with these Banks and Commercial Brokers mean that we are able to offer you introductions to competitive finance packages, for a new purchase or refinance purposes alike. Whether it is initial advice on your likely purchase level or if you are at the point of making an offer, you will often be able to achieve preferential rates, possibly saving you thousands of pounds. Please call for more information.
JD Commercial for themselves, and for the Vendors of this property whose Agents they are, give notice that:
- The Particulars are set out in general outline only for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchasers should seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions, dimensions and areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchaser should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact and must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
- No person in the employment of JD Commercial has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property or these particulars nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of JD Commercial, nor into any contract on behalf of the Vendors.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1993
- All measurements are approximate.
- While we endeavour to make our sales particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact JD Commercial and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
- We do our utmost to comply with this Act in full. However we are also trying to represent our clients’ properties in their high possible light, as such we may use summer photographs to promote some properties.
By strict appointment through the selling Agents, JD Commercial, 42 Ridgeway Drive, Bideford, North Devon. EX39 1TW
TEL: (01237) 424053 / 07868 846357 E-MAIL: [email protected]
These quite unique towns – Lynmouth on the harbour at the bottom of the cliff and Lynton overlooking at the top – are set in a stunning coastal location on the edge of Exmoor. Linked by the historic Lynton and Lynmouth Cliff Railway, the towns attract a steady stream of visitors all year round. Lynton and Lynmouth and the wider rural area also have a settled, self-reliant, living and working community that supports the development and growth of the local economy and makes use of the local shops, cafes, services and restaurants. Road and bus services connect Lynton and Lynmouth to nearby Porlock (12 miles), Combe Martin (13 miles), Ilfracombe (19 miles) and Barnstaple (18 miles).
Fernleigh Guest House is situated just off the main arterial road through the village in Park Street and close to a host of facilities and amenities being a short level walk away including restaurants, bars, tea rooms, shops, Pharmacy and Post Office with the Tourist Information Office and the famous funicular railway close by. The Valley of Rocks, South West Coast Path, Exmoor and North Devon coast are nearby, offering spectacular scenery and beautiful walks, having views towards Countisbury Hill and Summerhouse Hill.
THE PROPERTY AND CONSTRUCTION
The property was originally built as a village centre modern Bed and Breakfast establishment. Being of three storey constructed until a pitched tiled roof the property has rendered elevations to second floor level, with tile hung elevations above. Currently configured as 6 en-suite lettings bedrooms, 2 rooms on both first and second floors, with 2 further rooms developed on the rear ground floor which provide wet rooms and direct garden access. The ground floor offers the majority of the public areas including reception hallway, breakfast room, kitchen and owners lounge with patio doors to raised decked rear. It is thought this decked area would be a suitable location for a conservatory extension either to provide further living space or to have a feature breakfast room. There are two owners bedrooms, although at present one is utilised as an office. The property benefits from double glazing, central heating as well as all important on site car parking for 5 vehicles and a garden with guests seating area.
Our clients are inviting offers for the Freehold interest.
The business is currently operated by our client on her own, making it easily suitable for partnership operation, even with one retaining ‘work from home income’ potentially. Generally operated between March-October, 2018 and 2019 yearends showed turnovers of over £60,000 with 2020 yearend being £53,000. As well as repeat trade the business has online listings with Booking.com, Expedia and Tivago and its own website, fernleigh.net. Our clients would be happy to provide a handover / training period should interested parties desire.
Any current stock to be purchased at valuation upon completion.
The property is sold with an inventory of trade fixtures, fittings and equipment.
ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE
Please contact the agents for a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate and Recommendation Report.